Seeking Advice on Adjusting EV-1 Pedal Excursion

danielworks

Inspired
Hello everyone,

I’m experiencing some issues with my EV-1 pedal. Specifically, I’ve noticed that:

• The pedal feels very loose in the middle of its sweep.
  • It becomes quite tight toward the end.
  • There is 1 or 2 dents in between these areas.

I’ve opened the pedal, but I couldn’t find any settings to adjust the excursion uniformly throughout its range.

For reference, I have attached a picture and a video to illustrate the issue.

I’m looking for suggestions on how to make the pedal’s excursion feel heavier and more consistent.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_5084.jpeg
    IMG_5084.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I’m experiencing some issues with my EV-1 pedal. Specifically, I’ve noticed that:

I’ve opened the pedal, but I couldn’t find any settings to adjust the excursion uniformly throughout its range.

I’m looking for suggestions on how to make the pedal’s excursion feel heavier and more consistent.

Thank you!

I could be wrong, but I think that long nut in the picture of the inside is supposed to be in some way connected to the piece in the middle where the "axle" for the treadle is.

That's for adjusting the tension.

I'd suggest you contact Fractal support and show them that picture.

Hello everyone,

Thank you!

It isn't adjusted properly. Check this pic for reference. Also looks like the back circuclar spacer is displaced or missing.

Attachments

• tempImageWiiDhK.jpg
    tempImageWiiDhK.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Looks like the entire silver tension plate is missing. That plate is what the black pieces around the axle are squeezed against to provide friction on the axle and dampen the pedal sweep.

Looks like the entire silver tension plate is missing. That plate is what the black pieces around the axle are squeezed against to provide friction on the axle and dampen the pedal sweep.
Ah yes. I have it placed now. It feels that something inside has a dent and it clicks twice when doing a full sweep (as in the video)

Check the ring and pinion gears for damaged teeth. If you had loose parts inside, something may have gotten jammed in there.
I believe that the transverse cylinder in the middle of the pedal may have a dent.How do I get to this part? Do I have to unscrew everything?

Back
Top Bottom