Secondary function of IASwitch (MFC-101)

Konstantin

Inspired
WISH: Secondary function of IASwitch (MFC-101)

It would be very good to have a secondary function at the IASwitch on MFC-101. As far as I know now MFC not support alternate function for IASwitch. The best option for me is the ability to change the X-Y state of the effects assigned to the main function. For example. Button 6 = Drive 1 (X-state) = solid green LED. Hold the button 6 = Drive 1 (Y-state) = flashing green LED
What do you think about this?
And question to Clif : as far as possible what I wrote above? Thanks

Last edited:
Seems like it could get problematic during a performance, trying to tell if its solid or flashing, holding for too long and getting the wrong thing etc

I'm not an expert on scenes, but I believe you can set it up so that a scene change can change the X/Y state of multiple blocks with one press, so instead of trying to manually go and hold a button for a given block, you could just tap a scene switch and achieve the same thing, with less margin for error

The FX8 (and most likely AX8) does something similar. The good thing is that it has two LEDs above the switch to indicate X or Y state, but the operating principle is the same in that you push and hold to toggle between the two.

I know that you can toggle X and Y states with scenes, but the issue there is that you have to predefine what each scene is. This is fine for a specific song, but sometimes I just want to pull up one preset and jam and that's where having the flexibility to toggle anything as I wish is great. I just hate having to assign a separate IA to toggle X/Y state as it seems like a waste.

Back
Top Bottom