Second recording using the Axe FX II

coder2k

Second recording using the Axe FX II (Heavy Metal tone testing)

Hi,

I seriously need some feedback. I recorded this bunch of random riffs and I think at least it sounds good. Any suggestions how I can get it better? I don't know if the guitar tone needs more or less treble...any ideas?

I'll attach the presets I used.

Regards

Edit: New version...which one is better? Please make suggestions :)

For the new version I also added more compression to the drums and I used this preset for the guitars:
View attachment Icy High Gain 4.syx
What'cha think?

Attachments

• Icy High Gain.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 16
  • MusicMan Metal Bass.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Hi,

I seriously need some feedback. I recorded this bunch of random riffs and I think at least it sounds good. Any suggestions how I can get it better? I don't know if the guitar tone needs more or less treble...any ideas?

I'll attach the presets I used.

Regards

Edit: New version...which one is better? Please make suggestions :)

For the new version I also added more compression to the drums and I used this preset for the guitars:
View attachment 10529
What'cha think?

Dude this is sick..my first thought was Exodus. I think they both sound pretty amazing....if I had to describe them, the first one sounds more 80's..and the second one sounds more "modern" I love both so I can't pick which one I like more.

Dude this is sick..my first thought was Exodus. I think they both sound pretty amazing....if I had to describe them, the first one sounds more 80's..and the second one sounds more "modern" I love both so I can't pick which one I like more.

Thank you!
Somehow I still think the guitar tone is missing something...I want it more "crunchy". Any idea how to achieve this? Or is the amp model (recto orange new) not the best choice for that?

Back
Top Bottom