Second Choice if not Atomic CLR?

That's an interesting question. I'm one of those guys who doesn't use a ton of different models. I tend to like mid-gain level sounds, used where people typically would be inclined to use high-gain sounds (I do more of the work myself, rather than letting my rig dirt everything up). My go-to setup is the Dumble model, with the gain at about 60% and the overdrive around 75%, with a drive pedal in front of it when I need more dirt. I usually run that into various different V30 impulses.

That's probably 80% of my playing. I also use a few different clean models here and there.

To be really clear, I use the "ODS-100 Lead" model. I just noticed there are a couple of other versions of that model in FW16. I'll have to check those out. :)

Mick at Xitone is a total sweetheart. I tried reaching out to Tom at Atomic one last time--but if I don't hear from him by tomorrow morning, I'm going to go ahead and do the Xitone 1x12.

It really sounds like they're both great options.

I just purchased a pair of these today with a GT1000FX Power amp. I don't know anyone who has them, I merely heard a bunch of You Tube clips and of everything I heard at least to my ears these sounded best. From a size standpoint they are nearly identical to my Custom Audio Amplification 212 but the Matrix is just 2 inches taller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on3rytiQe4k

Would the Q12 be as good? They're smaller so would fit better at home.
Also, do these need to be pushed hard with high volume or do they sound good at low volume as well?

Would the Q12 be as good? They're smaller so would fit better at home.
Also, do these need to be pushed hard with high volume or do they sound good at low volume as well?

I use the Q12's as my monitoring system at gigs and go direct to FOH. They sound fantastic - very loud and clear and are almost identical sounding to what is coming out of our PA (I've A/B's them with the PA). I have them mounted on stands at shoulder height (not on the floor). They work great for dialling in your FOH tone.

Reactions: Ole
RCF NX 12 are a lot more expensive than CLR's , and they soud close on stage volume .

Call Mike from Pyle audio....then the RCF is cheaper
(if we're talking apples to apples.....both Neo options).

Otherwise, if you go with the non-Neo CLR, the RCF (Neo) is still very close in price.
(we're talking a difference of less than $200).

So... I ended up pulling the trigger on a Xitone 1x12 cabinet (not a wedge). Mick has been completely, completely amazing to work with. I'm really happy to give Xitone my business.

I'm sure the Atomic stuff is wonderful, also. And I'm sure I've just caught Tom at an exceptionally busy point.

Xitone also have the MATRIX amplification , right?

That's correct. The onboard amp in the active 1x12 is a Matrix GM50:

GM50 Module - Amp Modules

It also sounds like Mick can easily build a 2x12 with an on-board rack slot to contain one of the larger 1U Matrix amp modules.

That's another really nice thing about Xitone--he's willing to tweak his offerings to get you what you need, if you need/want something special.

I just purchased a pair of these today with a GT1000FX Power amp. I don't know anyone who has them, I merely heard a bunch of You Tube clips and of everything I heard at least to my ears these sounded best. From a size standpoint they are nearly identical to my Custom Audio Amplification 212 but the Matrix is just 2 inches taller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on3rytiQe4k

I think you are going to love them! I have a pair myself and they completely rock (unlike my playing which completely sucks ... ) I'm not so sure my neighbours love them as much as I do ... but hey :)

They were (briefly) out of stock, but we had a small delivery this week and cleared the small waiting list, so they are back in now if anyone else was waiting.

I have 2 GM50 to push 2 FR 12" cabs: I am very pleased with.
In parallel I had very nice contact with Mick from Xitone. I may move to xitone powered cab a day, using my 2 GM50...

Back
Top Bottom