Seattle area: Modeler Day (public event) / FAS hang out

selta

Power User
Hey everyone,
I'm starting a new series of events in my area in conjunction with two local studio/rehearsal spaces. These are public events to come chat about modelers and profilers. I always take my Axe-Fx II and my AX8 to these, for people to try. We also have at least one Kemper and usually a Helix that show up as well.

www.facebook.com/events/1111647125581320/

If you're in the Seattle area, feel free to stop by. The other location I have that will host these in the future is up in Lynnwood. Currently, I'm planning on hosting one every 6 months or so, alternating locations each time.

I just got everything squared away with the studio for May, and created the facebook event just a few minutes ago.

Generally, these last a few hours. Guitarists and bassists welcome, no cover and no need to own or have any experience with modelers or profilers. In fact, a driving force behind these events is to expose more people to these (especially Fractal Audio's offerings) and let them get hooked. It's cool to directly compare FAS to the other offerings and see where each stand (generally, as we know, FAS wins when it comes to tone ;)). If you don't want to bring your rig, just bring a guitar and hang!

If you want to come, it'd be great to see you all there! This type of event is still in its infancy, so having more people consistently show up will certainly help (especially people who can answer questions, talk about real world use/experiences and so on). I do my best to represent FAS with the gear and time I have, as I still believe they are the best, bar none.

This sounds like fun. I'll definitely be there. I have a show that night, so I'll need to duck out after a few hours.

Need one of these in the Detroit area.
Set one up :). Getting these types of events going is usually not too difficult, though as they grow the time needed goes up quite a bit. I throw a yearly event in this area for bass players that I'm almost to the point where I need a 2nd person handling some aspects of it.

This sounds like fun. I'll definitely be there. I have a show that night, so I'll need to duck out after a few hours.
Awesome! I could not remember your username to look up and PM about this. I could only remember your avatar, hah! No worries on ducking out - it'll still be cool to meet you and hang out. I'm not at all sure what kind of turnout this will have, though I will continue working on it and try to grow it a bit too. It's as much about community as it is gear.

Awesome! I could not remember your username to look up and PM about this. I could only remember your avatar, hah! No worries on ducking out - it'll still be cool to meet you and hang out. I'm not at all sure what kind of turnout this will have, though I will continue working on it and try to grow it a bit too. It's as much about community as it is gear.
It'll be fun to meet other users in the area. Also, I look less reptilian in person.

I can bring my rig to this, if there's room! My son Gibson and I normally do musical stuff on Saturdays and a trip out to Sumner might be a fun way to spend a Saturday!

Quick bump - this kicks off in just a few hours! Hope to see some folks from this forum there to rep FAS. Turn out so far seems like it will be decent :)

I'll be the first to say that was really a great meetup! Thank you for organizing this event. It was fun and really informative. I will upload some pictures later.

Thanks Sleestak. I think it was a good start to building a local community and bringing folks together to do demos, talk about approaches and, well, all aspects of our cool little black boxes.

Keep an eye on the group page - Grant and I will start planning the next meet up, and hopefully we can keep getting more folks through the door. Thank you again for making the trek down!

Glad to hear it was so much fun and good times ... wish I could have been there to meet you folks. Please do keep supporting and I'll make it!

Back
Top Bottom