Seamless scene changes possible?

naka2112

Inspired
I know about turning off the x/y hold feature in the global settings. I also know that one shouldn't have the editor attached to the fx-8.

What else have people found makes a difference? Do we avoid cpu above 90%? Do we have to avoid x/y switching.

I'm finding that the scene switching is not instantaneous. It seems like there is an audio drop out. I am using the relays to switch my amp if that matters.

Thanks in advance.

I use an atma, I had preset drop offs and was instructed to turn true bypass off in the settings and it worked, I am about to try channel switching on the atma on two scenes of presets one scene for clean the other for the gain channel, hope it is seamless also.

I use an atma, I had preset drop offs and was instructed to turn true bypass off in the settings and it worked, I am about to try channel switching on the atma on two scenes of presets one scene for clean the other for the gain channel, hope it is seamless also.

That helped. Thanks. Although I wouldn't think that's specific to the Atma.

I had the true bypass setting set to on, which removed the pre section when I didn't have any effects on in the pre section.

Here's where I guess there was a problem using the 4cm:

When I went from clean, which had a compressor on in the pre section, to the distortion scene, where I only had a delay on in the post section, removing the pre section introduced the audio dropout. Keep in mind that the preset was up to about 85% cpu, so this might not be an issue when the preset is much smaller. With the true bypass turned off in the settings, the audio dropout is gone, and the scene change is near instantaneous.

I'd still like to hear others chime in on tricks they've used to make the scene changes as quick and seamless as possible.

From my own testing, I've found some of my scenes don't change instantly/seamlessly when there is a Y effect in one scene and not the other, regardless if the Y effect is engaged or not between scenes. I've created workarounds but hope this is fixed in one of the next updates.

I just used a relay to switch channels on my atma . I use 2 scenes one for clean channel the other for dirty, I am getting a pop when I change scene(and amp channels) with no effects on either scene, very loud and noticeable,I am using a trs cable like the atma channel footswitch uses... I need idea how to correct this, this thing is almost perfect, if I can get this and a wah sound I like, its a keeper...

I just used a relay to switch channels on my atma . I use 2 scenes one for clean channel the other for dirty, I am getting a pop when I change scene(and amp channels) with no effects on either scene, very loud and noticeable,I am using a trs cable like the atma channel footswitch uses... I need idea how to correct this, this thing is almost perfect, if I can get this and a wah sound I like, its a keeper...

That's strange. I'm using the Atma with no popping sounds. Are you using a relay block, or just the relay that's on the editor screen?

what do you mean "page through them"?

is anything changing X/Y status between the 2 scenes?

By page I just mean stepping on the unit between the two scenes. On the up and down buttons. By x/y I assume you mean on each preset in the scenes. Nothing changes on them

Disable XY to get good performance and seamless scene switches with relays. This is on firmware version 2.0. Updates are supposed to be coming soon, perhaps they will fix this?

Back
Top Bottom