'Scuse me while I kiss the sky...

stratamania

Fractal Fanatic
Well this afternoon was interesting to say the least. I still need to write a detailed review on the AXE FXII but just wanted to post this quickly. I have recently been moving stuff around etc and when I first got the AXE FXII a couple of weeks ago I had one guitar where I was and a pair of Bose Headphones and had to rush out to a Maplins Electronics store locally to buy a 3.5mm to 6.5 mm converter for the headphones and something that would do as a guitar lead. I used this to play through the presets and I have to say given the set up I was impressed.

A few days after I got the device I was travelling on business and visited a guitar show in Newcastle upon Tyne, and spent some time with the guys from Matrix who were demonstrating thier kit and an AXE FXII and I really really liked what I heard and saw. What a great combination that was for future GAS.

Today however I finally got the device set up back at home as follows :-

Fender Stratocaster: Ritchie Blackmore model with Seymour Duncan® Quarter Pound Flat™ SSL-4 Single-Coil Strat® pickups and scalloped fretboard.
AXE FXII
Pair of Yamaha HS50M Active Studio Monitors
Steinberg Cubase 6
Sony Vaio

I have just been playing this thing and having a ball.

Highlights of the afternoon :-

Playing through some tones.
Experimenting with creating tones.
Playing along to some backing tracks using the AXE FXII as the sound card and a test recording in Cubase. The recording was a backing track of Smoke on the Water and jammed along using the stock Axe FXII preset Plexi Treble.

I showed my wife some of the sounds and let her hear the jammed recording mentioned above. In both cases she said that thing was really worth the money, in fact she said it would not have surprised her if it cost a lot more than it did.

Overall I just love this device. Now I am off to play again on some of my other guitars so 'scuse me while I kiss the sky... :D

Back
Top Bottom