Screw pedals down

Frac-man

I see a lot of people using bike chain links to screw pedals down. I found this and it looks like it might be easier to obtain... Ground Lug Washer

UPDATE: I found an even BETTER IDEA!!!!! I came up with myself, maybe not first but I haven't seen it yet ...Go to your hardware store and ask for HANGING STRAP it's small metal flexible belt with holes in it!!! it's very strong and easy to cut with Tin Snips. It is sharp so be careful when working with it I mean it could get ya good but I had no problem.

TIP: use safety glasses if you cut the corners off like I did on each piece. The little corners fly pretty good when cut. ALSO I wrapped the strap that touched the AX8 with thin tape just to protect the paint on the AX8 I don't like metal on metal unless its a gig.

IMG_3358.JPGIMG_3360.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3363.JPG
    IMG_3363.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 7
Great idea but you should attach it so you can't see the straps sticking out! Add a little more length to the strap then plot your holes under the AX8 drill then use the appropriate length # 10 machine screws, nuts and washers. Place the Machine screws in the strap then attach them to the AX8 line them up to the holes and nut washer it! clean and sano.

Here's an older version of my board and as you can see you can't tell how anything's attached.

Last edited:
UPDATE: I found an even BETTER IDEA!!!!! I came up with myself, maybe not first but I haven't seen it yet ...Go to your hardware store and ask for HANGING STRAP it's small metal flexible belt with holes in it!!! it's very strong and easy to cut with Tin Snips. It is sharp so be careful when working with it I mean it could get ya good but I had no problem.

TIP: use safety glasses if you cut the corners off like I did on each piece. The little corners fly pretty good when cut. ALSO I wrapped the strap that touched the AX8 with thin tape just to protect the paint on the AX8 I don't like metal on metal unless its a gig.

View attachment 34179View attachment 34180
I agree. I used these for years on all my pedal boards after being recommended by a friend. No Velcro ruining bottom of pedals, plus holds 100% securely in place. Al

What are are you using now?
My MFC is on a PedalTrain -- velcro seems to be working well there. And my AX8 is floating free. I'm purposely not locking it down to a board so I can use it in super tight spaces where I may want to have the AX8 and the EV1(s) positioned at odd angles to each other.

Here's the MFC board when I used to have it mounted to wood:

2013-03-10-b.jpg

Here's the PT-based MFC board:

And here's why I love not having the AX8 on a board at all:

I can throw that down in all kinds of tight arrangements and make it work.

My MFC board is currently undergoing a big overhaul. I'm switching to 1 expression pedal and 2 potentiometers I can change by hand instead of foot. As well as two wildcard IA switches in an outboard box.

Attachments

• IMG_5170.jpg
    IMG_5170.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 4
My MFC is on a PedalTrain -- velcro seems to be working well there. And my AX8 is floating free. I'm purposely not locking it down to a board so I can use it in super tight spaces where I may want to have the AX8 and the EV1(s) positioned at odd angles to each other.

Here's the MFC board when I used to have it mounted to wood:

View attachment 34197

Here's the PT-based MFC board:

And here's why I love not having the AX8 on a board at all:

I can throw that down in all kinds of tight arrangements and make it work.

My MFC board is currently undergoing a big overhaul. I'm switching to 1 expression pedal and 2 potentiometers I can change by hand instead of foot. As well as two wildcard IA switches in an outboard box.

Thanks for the pics and the ideas! Next, I am going to try a neoprene sheet with tight holes for my MFC/2-EXP1's feet so if necessary(on tight stages) I won't have to use it. Not as clean and quick as a permanent board but light weight. 'If' it works well, I'll post a pic of it!

I but 4 drop of window sealer ( latex ) under it. stick enough to old but if I pull it really hard it will go and won't leave a signe scratch

Back
Top Bottom