Screenprotector for AX8/FX8

GibsonLesPaul

Experienced
Yes, it's the first thing I rip off when I receive something with one one it.

But in this case, with the display laying horizontal I wanted some thing of protection cause this one is more vulnerable to scratches etc.
1218-3.jpg

So I use this iPad protector.
Cut out to the right size en stick it on the display.
Available everywhere.
Oh and the iPhone 6 protector is too small I can tell ya ;)

Last edited:
Cool.

I'm actually more concerned with the rotary encoder knobs and their potential to let spilled liquids seep in. Most other panel-mount knobs overhang the pot shaft, like a tiny little umbrella :). But these things have a little cup around the base where the LED ring is. It looks like when I inevitably spill beer on it, it will pool around the knobs and leak inside.

I'm thinking about how I might build a clear protective cover to go over the whole controls \ LED panel area...

I don't see it happening, there are just WAY too many variables/situations that could occur that would never allow full assurance of security of the system and therefore no realistic way FAS could offer/honor any sort of warranty. Best case scenario is them finding some sort of solution with "water resistant" and as is and not subject to warranty. More likely someone figures out a way to create "skin" so you can stomp switches, won't be able to turn knobs but if your presets are pretty solid I think that might be a more realistic after market product that might show up.

Back
Top Bottom