Screen contrast

Not sure if this is a bug, but it started after the FW10 update. Upon startup the contrast is so small you can't read the display. Adjusting the contrast control and resetting doesn't seem to make a difference. It does seem to improve with time the longer I have the unit powered on. Has anyone else experienced this issue and is there solution?

Here's what it looks like after warming up for a few minutes:

IMG_0357.jpg

So, any suggestions anyone? Should I submit a support ticket? I was hoping to avoid getting this thing serviced. One additional note, after it has been on for awhile, if I shut if off and turn it back on, the screen contrast is still okay. However, at no time does the contrast get back to 100% of what it was before the FW update. As you can see in the picture, even with it turned all the way right, there's still some grayness to the text.

Maybe try reloading fw10? I read a few posts of people doing this for other issues, just a thought.

That's a good reminder. I meant to do that, and it had slipped my mind. I'll give this a shot tonight. Hopefully I can avoid sending it in for servicing. Thanks ScottyB.

Sorry to hear/see that. I uploaded Fw10 this weekend and screen has been normal. When you do a reload, do reload and write over FW10? No deletions needed before?
thanks

I tried re-installing FW10 and no change. Reverted to 9.02 and no change. Went back to FW10 and no change. Sticking with FW10 for now since it's at least functional once it's warmed up (if that's what is happening). Any ideas out there? FAS?

Basically the same happened to me today. It was the first time I plugged my mfc-101 but I don't think it might have something to do with it.
I'm confused. I have to check if it's still on warranty.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom