Scott Henderson cab- York Audio

I posted this on the York Audio Master Thread, but thought anyone following this thread might like to hear some Stereo Mixes from the KW 412 M25-SH pack in action as well.

This is the Brit 800 model with Stereo Mixes STM 01, STM 08, and STM 04. They're a lot of fun to play with and give an "amp in the room" type of playing experience.

The SH "Dark" IR might be my new favourite IR. Also I dig the U67 a lot!

Last edited:
The SH "Dark" IR might be my new favourite. IR Also I dig the U67 a lot!
This makes me happy! The SH 57-DRK was a mic placement I liked and added to Scott's mic range even though it's quite a bit darker than the placements he chose. He initially wanted me to omit it from his folder until one day he had his tone knob on 10 and really liked what it did, so he wanted it back in the pack. I'm really glad he did because I think that one sounds awesome too. And yeah, the U67 was a surprise! I've had this ADK "mic kit" for several years and never tried it. It's a modular kit with six different capsules and two different head amps, so I tried every combination and found some pretty great ones, but the U67 was my favorite. I didn't know if anyone would care about that mic, but it seems like it's become the most talked about condenser mic in the pack, so that one is going to be a permanent fixture from here on out.

Bought it yesterday, abso friggin lutely loving it. Also got the 2x12 mesa promo, havent tried that one yet but Sunday night and monday-off await

Another happy customer here. I've made this my default cab IR for live presets covering two different bands. I don't change IRs when playing live for consistency's sake, but I do use 3 or 4 different amp models. I've gigged and rehearsed with each band using this cab pack, I think it sounds great!

The stereo mixes in this pack really hit the spot! Any chance the cabs that have already been released might see an update along these lines?

The stereo mixes in this pack really hit the spot! Any chance the cabs that have already been released might see an update along these lines?
That makes me really happy to hear. The Stereo Mixes took a really long time to figure out and dial in, so I’m glad you’re liking them so much.

I’ll do Stereo Mixes moving forward with new products, but older packs won’t be updated. There are too many variables to make it work properly.

I just learned of this and purchased yesterday... big scott fan... c'mon... dolemite? scott is the man. dog walk? if that doesn't A. make you chuckle and B. make you go "wow" all at the same time... well then you must not be breathing!

the idea of stereo mixes - I'm a big fan of some of the stereo irs I got from ownhammer... I don't even care for the amp in the room thing, most of those sound like yer in a can, so I'm hoping it's more of a tasteful mix in and york has never let me down so I'm excited. Anywho... thanks for being awesome!

Without saying too much, it’ll either be a 1x12 or a 2x12. I’m recovering from a medical issue I had last week, but will get back to capturing once I’m back to normal.
Hey Justin , hope your feeling better soon man and you can enjoy the rest of the summer
I had read that you and Matt were going to meet up in September so that will be an exciting time I am sure , I cannot wait to see how your Dyna cabs turn out , stellar I am sure .
regarding those do you think your first trip into that will be a revisit of some of the older cabs like the Bogner to say a Zillal with M65 H75
your mesa 212 or do you think it will be new cabs you have not done before , either way I am down oh yes , the Pre roll Checker maybe that will make a dyna cab?

Anyway I will keep following and be excited when they become available later this fall

take care

I just learned of this and purchased yesterday... big scott fan... c'mon... dolemite? scott is the man. dog walk? if that doesn't A. make you chuckle and B. make you go "wow" all at the same time... well then you must not be breathing!

the idea of stereo mixes - I'm a big fan of some of the stereo irs I got from ownhammer... I don't even care for the amp in the room thing, most of those sound like yer in a can, so I'm hoping it's more of a tasteful mix in and york has never let me down so I'm excited. Anywho... thanks for being awesome!
I hope you’re enjoying the KW pack so far. I’m curious to see how the stereo mixes are hitting you?

Hey Justin , hope your feeling better soon man and you can enjoy the rest of the summer
I had read that you and Matt were going to meet up in September so that will be an exciting time I am sure , I cannot wait to see how your Dyna cabs turn out , stellar I am sure .
regarding those do you think your first trip into that will be a revisit of some of the older cabs like the Bogner to say a Zillal with M65 H75
your mesa 212 or do you think it will be new cabs you have not done before , either way I am down oh yes , the Pre roll Checker maybe that will make a dyna cab?

Anyway I will keep following and be excited when they become available later this fall

take care
Feeling much better now, thank you! I’m actually in my studio as we speak breaking in a couple cabs after a speaker swap. I’m ready to start capturing again and just need to commit to a cab knowing that I can’t please every genre with a single cab.

As far as DynaCabs go, I’ve got a healthy list of options. Some haven’t been captured yet and some have. I think mic selection will play a big role in how many I’m able to do since it takes a long time to capture a single mic. I also want to hear how the DynaCab method compares to my current approach. We’ll know more once the ball gets rolling.

Back
Top Bottom