SCENES....

Ok, so I've got how to tweak the scenes and store them. My problem is that say on Scene 1 I want my input volume down from max like on scene 2 so I can have less distortion if I store it on one scene it stores it on all scenes. What I want basically is a cleaner amp setting on scene 1 than on scene 2. Kinda makes using scenes worthless if you can't do this. And I cannot do this or I am doing something wrong. I appreciate ANY help I can get on this from you guys!

Thank You Hubertus!!! Due to my limited knowledge could you please explain in detail how to do this? I'm sorry for not being that knowledgeable on all of this but I am trying with guys like you to help me

To attach a controller with AxeEdit rightclick in the center of the knob of the parameter you like to control (Frontpanel: Choose the knob and hit enter)
Set source to scene 1 or scene 2 (in this context scene means scene controller 1 or 2). Go to the controller menu and set the values per scene as you need.
More info here:
Controllers and modifiers - Axe-Fx II Wiki

i don't think it would make scenes worthless if you couldn't do that, that's a pretty ridiculous statement. If it did nothing but allow you to set the on/off and x/y states for the blocks in the grid, that would be a massively powerful tool...not to mention that you can choose between amp/cab 1 and 2. even if you couldn't change levels with scene modifiers you could still accomplish what you were trying to do.

Ok, so I've got how to tweak the scenes and store them. My problem is that say on Scene 1 I want my input volume down from max like on scene 2 so I can have less distortion if I store it on one scene it stores it on all scenes. What I want basically is a cleaner amp setting on scene 1 than on scene 2. Kinda makes using scenes worthless if you can't do this. And I cannot do this or I am doing something wrong. I appreciate ANY help I can get on this from you guys!

You can do all these things. Don't throw out 'it's worthless if I can't do this' when you REALLY need to read up on the Axe's capabilities. We are here to help you, but we can't until you have a certain amount of familiarity with the unit.

The documentation is great for this.

If you are new to this sort of stuff, I suggest purchasing Cooper's classes on the Axe II; they will get you up to speed quickly in a very understandable (and rewindable) way.

R

So for all of you, in your opinion where is the best place online to learn about Scenes and how to do them?

If you use Axe-Edit, it's rather straight forward inside the software with the scene buttons at the top right defining your possible 8 scenes. With having an MFC to control the changes, I just program 5 scenes that can easily switch on my effects/drive/whatever. For me this is how I create a preset which is typically a very Ambient amp/cab combo:

Layout like:
Top row SHUNT all the way across with 1 Reverb block (sometimes an additional MLTYDLY) for continuous Ambience guitar signal (can also be turned off with Scenes)
Second row: VOL > DRIVE > AMP > CAB > REVERB > DELAY > MULTIDLY > PEQ (if needed)

1) Scene 1 is what you are editing by default. That's how and where you start. Make this one your "default" go to scene to start your song. I typically have VOL > AMP > CAB > REVERB active
SAVE PRESET IN AXE-EDIT

Click Scene 2 in Axe-Edit
2) Scene 2 adds delay for clean tone with delay so: VOL > AMP > CAB > REVERB > DLY
SAVE PRESET IN AXE-EDIT

Click Scene 3 in Axe-Edit
3) Scene 3 adds drive with verb: VOL > DRIVE > AMP > CAB > REVERB
SAVE PRESET IN AXE-EDIT

Click Scene 4 in Axe-Edit
4) TURN IT UP: Scene 4 adds drive, verb and delay: VOL > DRIVE > AMP > CAB > REVERB > DELAY
SAVE PRESET IN AXE-EDIT

Click Scene 5 in Axe-Edit
5) This is a drive only preset typically if I want to have a higher breakup in the amp without effects for rhythm playing: VOL > DRIVE > AMP > CAB
SAVE PRESET IN AXE-EDIT

Now on the MFC you can press REVEAL and select 1-5 on the bottom row (default config) to switch your scenes on the fly in songs. This is my standard config for any ambient style playing that I use constantly.

You can also consider using X/Y settings in your amp to change you tones without Drive Blocks or change other effects to accomplish the same. This makes switching within songs extremely convenient.

Good luck, hope that helps.

Thanks for the info ! Yes I believe I spoke in a frustrated tone when I said worthless. I did have the axefx set up wuth the MFC so it would do Alternate presets in which I would experience gaps when switching. After listening to Coopers scenes video I was amazed. It's merely my limited knowledge that gets me a quick foot in the mouth. The Alternate presets on switching did provide me with say a "Lead boost " so to speak or going from a Crunchy drive to a heavy drive and I just find myself not being able to accomplish that with the "Scenes". I will try attaching a controller and see what happens....Better Yet! I'm going to buy the videos.Wow, I did not know they had these! Awesome! Thanks, from someone who says things before they think! ( I'll work on that too)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom