Scenes Still NOT WORKING CORRECTLY

Kaihoro1388

This has been so frustrating recently. i have my presets 0-5 set up with a couple scenes each. when i go to preset 0 and hit button 2 on the mfc it says scene two on the mfc but no leds turn on and of to indicate different effects going on and off. it will say scene 3 if i hit button 3 on the mfc and again no leds light up and turn off. also the scenes on the axe fx unit always stay at 1 on the display. why wouldn't my mfc be switching scenes correctly. this is super frustrating how i have to go on a forum and rely on people feeling like answering me instead of being able to contact fractal audio support directly. please help. i just want my mfc to switch scenes correctly and talk to my unit correctly.

it sounds like your mfc is not configured correctly, this is kinda hard to fix with out knowing how the unit is set up. have you down loaded and read the mfc manual? if not I suggest doing so.

Did you watch the video's Chris at Axe-Fx Tutorials has ? I'm pretty sure he has one on how to setup the MFC and use scenes.

Don't really get your complaint about Fractal support though. Did you submit a ticket through the support portal ? Also, Fractal employees directly respond to these forums, including Cliff Chase, so your likely to get help not only from the very helpful user community here, but the company itself. I think you don't quite realize quite how good you have it.

Check the port settings (faslink, ether con) on the MFC and make sure it matches how you are connected.

Check tho axeFx type setting in the MF and make sure it matches your unit.

This has been so frustrating recently. i have my presets 0-5 set up with a couple scenes each. when i go to preset 0 and hit button 2 on the mfc it says scene two on the mfc but no leds turn on and of to indicate different effects going on and off. it will say scene 3 if i hit button 3 on the mfc and again no leds light up and turn off. also the scenes on the axe fx unit always stay at 1 on the display. why wouldn't my mfc be switching scenes correctly. this is super frustrating how i have to go on a forum and rely on people feeling like answering me instead of being able to contact fractal audio support directly. please help. i just want my mfc to switch scenes correctly and talk to my unit correctly.
If you have 'MFC-Edit' or know how to do a 'backup' of your MFC with 'Fractal-Bot', post the file and I can take a look.......I'm sure that it's something simple....

And whatever info on your rig.......Axe-Fx ll, or XL, or XL+......MFC mark 1, 2, 3.....etc....

ok thanks for the help. i can't open a ticket because i got it off ebay. i did a utility para reset and now i can actually switch from scene to scene and they communicate correctly with each other. however theres a big volume drop/gap when switching scenes that didn't happen when switching scenes on the axe unit itself before i did the reset. now theres a volume drop and gap. I'm not sure how to fix this

If you have 'MFC-Edit' or know how to do a 'backup' of your MFC with 'Fractal-Bot', post the file and I can take a look.......I'm sure that it's something simple....

And whatever info on your rig.......Axe-Fx ll, or XL, or XL+......MFC mark 1, 2, 3.....etc....
i have mfc original and axe fx 2. i have mfc edit and I've never done a backup of mfc with fractal bot

Although I am pretty sure you know this, if you have AxeEdit running it confuses the LEDs on the MFC, AxeEdit gets confused too. First thing that came to mind as I've experienced it myself.

ok thanks for the help. i can't open a ticket because i got it off ebay. i did a utility para reset and now i can actually switch from scene to scene and they communicate correctly with each other. however theres a big volume drop/gap when switching scenes that didn't happen when switching scenes on the axe unit itself before i did the reset. now theres a volume drop and gap. I'm not sure how to fix this

Pause AxeEdit. It sends MIDI commanded to sync its UI and that causes the stutter.

I used Cooper Carters expertise to do mine...here is the link ...he goes thru it pretty fast so just pause the video and follow along....he starts talking about how to set up scenes around 3:50 mark.

The MFC uses CC#34 for scene select. If you have the Axe set to any other CC# in the I/O menu Ctrl page, scene select won't work. The MFC will show it changing scenes, but the Axe won't follow.

Previous owner probably changed it to something else. When you did the system reset, it went back to the default setting of CC#34.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom