Scenes Set-Up Scenario Question

Warrior

Power User
Is it possible to set up a preset with X/Y Amps (using one switch on my MFC to control "Amp X/Y") and have each "Scene" ignore the Amp X/Y?

I want to be able to use Scenes to control the effects blocks regardless of which amp is selected (X or Y) at the time.

Hope I'm explaining this correctly.

Seems easy enough, just not sure how to set it up.

Yes. If I understand you correct. You can assign a IA switch to control Amp X/Y and in your scene switching you just don't switch between the X/Y amp, just let it stay on for example X through all scenes.

This is not currently possible. Scenes save the XY state of every block and we can't have it "ignore" certain blocks when scenes change. Not yet anyway; it's been requested and definitely would be a useful feature.

This is not currently possible. Scenes save the XY state of every block and we can't have it "ignore" certain blocks when scenes change. Not yet anyway; it's been requested and definitely would be a useful feature.

Curious how some are using Scenes as well as a seperate Amp XY switch to get more mileage out of a single preset..... to cover more songs, for example.

That is a great question. I use my AxeFX rig in two different bands.

For one band (pop / rock covers)
* I have five primary "general purpose" patches, each with scenes.
* I use scenes 1-5 to span from rhythm / fairly dry, to lead / more processed. In addition, I have amp X/Y settings available to bump up the drive level, and I use other IA switches to activate individual effects as needed.
* I use my expression pedals for (1) volume (2) delay mix (3) modulation / wah.
* I cover about 90% of our show using just five patches, calling up specific patches for a few songs. We have 200+ songs in active rotation, and for the majority of them I can use just those five primary patches.

For the other band (David Bowie tribute)
* Every song (about 40) has a specific patch with up to 8 scenes.
* I do not use IA switches at all, nor X/Y switching. Everything is done via scenes.
* Modulation pedals are assigned as described above.

Back
Top Bottom