Scenes Not Working Correctly

Kaihoro1388

So i set up presets 0-5 as song 1, song 2, ect.... in axe edit. all are how i want and need them. so i plug my mfc in and hit button 1. it shows the first song which is as preset 0. then i try to go to the next scene by pressing button 2. it switches the preset on the axe fx to preset 01 and shows the correct name on the led screen. and also shows on the mfc X001 but with the song name/preset name of preset 0. so on the axe fx unit it is showing preset 001 with the correct name but on the mfc it is showing X001 with the song name of preset 0. i then hit the 3rd button to go to scene 3 or so i thought. now on the axe fx unit it shows preset 2 with the correct song name but on the mfc it shows preset 2 with the song name of preset 1. so i thought maybe the way to switch through scenes is using up and down buttons. so i hit button 1 to try this again and on the mfc it shows its at preset 0 but with the name of preset 2. so i hit button 1 again and the preset number stays the same but the name finally changes to the correct name for preset 0. so now from preset 0 (the beginning of my set) i press the up button. it then jumps to preset 5 but still has the same name as preset 0. so i hit up button again on the mfc and it goes to preset 10 with its corresponding name so i hit the down button and it goes back to preset 5 and says the name of preset 4 in axe edit. so everything is really weird. i am a new user and its really frustrating to not even be able to have it set up working properly. please help. all i want to do is to be able to use preset 0-5 and have each preset have a couple of scenes to just stomp on for gapless switching.

This is most likely has to do with your "Display Offset" settings.

By default, the Axe-Fx II first preset number is 000. But you can engage a Display Offset so that the first preset is instead 001 - same preset, just a different number for visual reasons, or if other gear you use starts on 001 vs. 000. You also need to change the MFC-101 to match the Display Offset. So here's how to check to make sure everything is set to the same Offset value:

On the Axe-Fx II front panel, press the I/O button and page over to the MIDI page. Scroll down the list to find the Display Offset and note what value it is - it will either be 0 or 1.

On your MFC-101, press the Edit button to make the bottom row of switches flash, then press Switch 5 to enter the Setup menu. Press Switch 7 (Page Right) 2 times to reach the Axe-Fx Display Offset page. This number will either be 0 or 1, and it should match the setting on the Axe-Fx II that we just looked at. Use the Bank Up switch (far right of the MFC-101) to change the value if needed.

After setting this, press Switch 7 again (Page Right) to find the MFC-101 Display Offset. This too needs to match the same number from the Axe Display offset and the previous menu's offset. Use the Bank Up switch again to change it if needed. When this is done, press the Edit switch again to Exit and Save the settings.

Once all 3 of these numbers match - Axe-Fx II I/O MIDI Display offset, MFC-101 Axe-Fx Display Offset, and MFC-101 Display Offset - you should not have the issue anymore.

I'm sure the fractal community can quickly help with this. Can you please provide a few pieces of info:
  • Which model of AxeFX do you have? Which FW version?
  • Which version of the MFC-101 do you have?
  • Are you starting from a new / factory reset configuration, or have you done any custom setup / programming on the MFC-101?
This will help us narrow the range of possible approaches.

Thank you.

Okay great thanks for the response! I'm not home right now but I should be able to try that tonight. I will respond with the results, thanks again.

By default, the Axe-Fx II first preset number is 000. But you can engage a Display Offset so that the first preset is instead 001 - same preset, just a different number for visual reasons, or if other gear you use starts on 001 vs. 000. You also need to change the MFC-101 to match the Display Offset. So here's how to check to make sure everything is set to the same Offset value:

On the Axe-Fx II front panel, press the I/O button and page over to the MIDI page. Scroll down the list to find the Display Offset and note what value it is - it will either be 0 or 1.

On your MFC-101, press the Edit button to make the bottom row of switches flash, then press Switch 5 to enter the Setup menu. Press Switch 7 (Page Right) 2 times to reach the Axe-Fx Display Offset page. This number will either be 0 or 1, and it should match the setting on the Axe-Fx II that we just looked at. Use the Bank Up switch (far right of the MFC-101) to change the value if needed.

After setting this, press Switch 7 again (Page Right) to find the MFC-101 Display Offset. This too needs to match the same number from the Axe Display offset and the previous menu's offset. Use the Bank Up switch again to change it if needed. When this is done, press the Edit switch again to Exit and Save the settings.

Once all 3 of these numbers match - Axe-Fx II I/O MIDI Display offset, MFC-101 Axe-Fx Display Offset, and MFC-101 Display Offset - you should not have the issue anymore.

Axe Fx II
Newest firmware (pretty sure)
Original mfc-101
I got the mfc used on eBay. Then through axe edit I setup presets 0-5 with about 4 scenes each for live. I have mfc set up to sync.

I'm sure the fractal community can quickly help with this. Can you please provide a few pieces of info:
  • Which model of AxeFX do you have? Which FW version?
  • Which version of the MFC-101 do you have?
  • Are you starting from a new / factory reset configuration, or have you done any custom setup / programming on the MFC-101?
This will help us narrow the range of possible approaches.

Thank you.

I'm pretty sure I have the latest firmware. I went to update my mfc to the latest firmware today in fractal not and it said I can't use Ethernet cable and need a midi. My 7pin midi doesn't fit in the IN of the mfc to the OUT of the axe unit. It only goes from the axe IN to the mfc OUT. So I figured what the hell and I started the update anyway with the Ethernet and it has a completion bar on the mfc and when it finished it said complete. It says u can't update with Ethernet but it said complete. Did it work? Why would fractal audio reference me to the site to buy a 7 pin for phantom power when it doesn't even power the mfc or go in and out the right way to do an update

Okay great thanks for the response! I'm not home right now but I should be able to try that tonight. I will respond with the results, thanks again.

I'm pretty sure I have the latest firmware. I went to update my mfc to the latest firmware today in fractal not and it said I can't use Ethernet cable and need a midi. My 7pin midi doesn't fit in the IN of the mfc to the OUT of the axe unit. It only goes from the axe IN to the mfc OUT. So I figured what the hell and I started the update anyway with the Ethernet and it has a completion bar on the mfc and when it finished it said complete. It says u can't update with Ethernet but it said complete. Did it work? Why would fractal audio reference me to the site to buy a 7 pin for phantom power when it doesn't even power the mfc or go in and out the right way to do an update
you need to use a standard 5 pin cable.

So i did what you suggested. All the settings were at offset 0. So i tried to use the mfc like i want it it still doesn't work. Ill explain it better. On my axe fx unit i have preset 0-5 set as 0- Intro/Nebula, 1- Radiance, 2- Manunkind, 3- Giants In Stasis, 4- Distant Origins, 5- Flourish in ruin. Now all of these presets 0-5 have about 3-4 scenes all set up the way i want. So i turn on my unit and it powers up and so does the mfc. The display on the unit is 000 scene 1 Intro/Nebula. The display on the mfc is X000 Intro/Nebula. So far so good. Now ill hit the button #2 on the mfc to go to scene 2. After i press button 2 on the mfc the axe unit goes to 001 Radiance and the mfc display goes to X001 Intro/Nebula. So it goes up in number but still displays the name of preset 000. So then i hit button #3 on the mfc and it goes to X002 Radiance and on the axe unit it goes to 002 Manunkind. It seems the unit is going up 1 preset to the next correct preset when i hit button 2 than 3 on the mfc but the mfc is displaying the wrong name. Ok so now ill hit button #4 on the mfc and the mfc displays X003 Manunkind and the axe unit displays 003 Giants In Stasis. Weird again. So now instead of hitting button #5 on the mfc ill go back and hit button #3. Now the mfc displays X002 Giants In Stasis and the axe unit displays 002 Manunkind. I am really confused. Am i not suppose to hit buttons 1-8 to go through the 8 scenes? I thought that might be the case so starting over with a reset of the unit and mfc. Axe unit now displays 000 Intro/Nebula and the mfc displays X000 Intro/Nebula. Which is what it should be. Now ill hit the up button (increase) to go to scene 2 of preset 000 and now the axe unit jumps to 005 Flourish In Ruin and the mfc displays X005 Intro/Nebula. Really frustrating especially being that i have a gig soon. Please help!!!

Ok sorry to bother you but i went into edit setup on the mfc and changed bank size to 1 instead of 5. I might have done something else but not sure. So now when i am at preset 000 i hit the increase button and it actually says on the mfc that I'm going up a scene to scene 2 but the LEDs on the mfc don't change and the display on the axe unit still says scene 1. Think i made some progress but still not working correctly. Why would the mfc say its going to scene 2 but not changes the LEDs or the scene number on the axe unit.

Back
Top Bottom