scenes - amp switching with mini amp gizmo (midi for non-midi amp)

dpfranz

I've been running the Axe II in four cable method with a Bogner Ecstasy 20th Anniversary, and am thinking of getting a Medusa cable and RJM Mini Amp Gizmo so that I can switch the 7 footswitch functions on the Bogner using the MFC.This would be super if I could make it work, since I could change everything with one stomp on the MFC (if this will work...?) Here are the links:

Bogner Medusa Cable:
Best-Tronics Mfg., Inc.: BOGNER_MEDUSA

RJM Mini Amp Gizmo:
RJM Music Mini Amp Gizmo | Sweetwater.com

I'm assuming this should work no problem dedicating an IA switch to each of the 7 functions on the Bogner, but my question for the forum is whether I can associate different states on the Bogner with a single scene, i.e., change 2 or more of the 7 switchable functions on the Bogner by changing scenes? Is it any different if I change presets completely, rather than just scenes?

(Bogner functions are: ch. 1, ch. 2, ch. 3, boost 1, boost 2 (channels 2 and 3), and loop (though I really won't need this, as I normally never disengage the Bogner loop)).

Thanks for all your help, which has been significant, even as a lurker like me. Cheers

"Scenes" are only for axe fx blocks. They don't save any external CC data.

But you can just use Presets to accomplish what you want. The desired Bogner functions will have to be saved per preset on the MFC though. Again, the axe won't save any CC information for external devices.

Ok, I understand. I was hoping to do it with scenes, but I haven't even really started using them yet, and I've not been really bothered by gaps in switching between presets - likely because I mostly don't use amp blocks yet, since I am using the Bogner. But I have verified that it works fine switching to one of the Axe's preamps and using only the Bogner power amp, and I plan to do this more as I get more presets complete. Who knows...I may find that I can live without the Bogner entirely...blasphemy...

BTW, Chris, on another topic...thanks for your video on configuring the Mission SP-1 with toe switch. I'm using a spring loaded EP-1 for auto-engage wah, and a toe switch SP-1 for volume with the switch assigned to a volume boost via filter as in your video.

My question is, should I fiddle with the rubber washers and stuff that came with the SP-1 to make the toe switch a little easier (different?) to engage? I find that I have to back off the pedal towards heel end a little and then toe down firmly to get the toe switch to engage, but I'd rather just be able to stomp the toe end and have it switch between boosted and unboosted without that (brief) dip due to backing off the pedal a bit to get the toe switch to engage. Is my explanation comprehensible? - heh

Back
Top Bottom