Scene/Reveal Switching Question

TechTone

Hello gang,

I’ve got a question regarding the use of the Reveal feature on the MFC-101.
First off, my MFC-101 is setup in the ‘Default Layout Mode’.
(12 Instant Access switches with the 5 Preset switches at the bottom)
Next, let’s assume I’m on Preset #2. This preset has been programmed with only 2 scenes.
(Scenes 3, 4 & 5 are not used in Preset #2)
When I play, I understand that to get to the scene options, I first have to press the Reveal footswitch to re-assign the bottom 5 footswitches to the ‘Scene Selector Switches’. No problem so far.
When I press Reveal the first time, Footswitch#1’s LED comes on telling me I’m in Scene #1 of Preset #2. Cool.
If I press Footswitch #2 next, I change to Scene #2 of that same Preset #2. As you would expect.
At this point, to exit this preset (to change to another one) I first need to press the Reveal footswitch again to get Footswitches #1 - #5 back to ‘Preset Selector Switches’. Then I need to press the required footswitch at the bottom to change to that next tune I want.

My desire is to be able to immediately jump from Scene #2 of that Preset #2 to a new Preset without pressing Reveal to exit Reveal/Scene Mode.
In my example, I’d like to be able to jump to either Preset #3, Preset #4 or Preset #5 of this bank.
(Remember that footswitches #3, #4 & #5 were not being used as scenes in my Preset #2 ….so could they not remain as Presets…?)

My question to the group is….

Is there a way to program each Preset to tell the MFC-101 how many Scenes that preset is using?

This way, only the required number of Scene change footswitches become available. The unused scene footswitches in that specific preset remain as available Preset footswitches.
Maybe when the Reveal is pressed the first time to enter ‘Scene Mode’, the programmed number of scenes could flash or chirp the LEDs on only those number of footswitches thus telling the user that only the flashes/chirp buttons are available scenes…? Any other of the 5 non-flashing footswitches are Presets.

Thanks for your time people,

Wayne

Not as Far as I am aware, every preset has 8 scenes even if you do not use them. you could reprogram some switches to change scenes on the middle row if switches and still have 1-5 select presets.

no. you might want to put Scene select switches on other switches so you don't have to use Reveal.
Hey Chris, thanks for your help. I really didn't want to sacrifice other switches but I guess I don't have an option.Do you think my request is worth posting on the "MFC Wishes + Bugs" page?

Back
Top Bottom