Wish Scene Names on Screen in Scene Mode

Paulinfl

Inspired
I am loving my FX8 and it's a great companion to my Mark V 25. Being an avid Axe II/MFC player as well I found this thing to be extremely versatile with Scenes.

The LCD is a great reference to see what Effect blocks correspond to the switches (and their status), while in standard Pedal Board Mode (not sticky scene)

It would be fantastic if we could name a Scene so that when the board is in Scene Mode(sticky scene, or single scene), you see your Scene names on the block spaces on the LCD. In other words, flip into scene mode, and the Blocks no longer display, but a Scene Name is shown in a "block" instead. Flip back into Pedal Board mode and the Effect Block Names show. And if only a few characters were allowed to name a scene (due to text size) , it would still be more helpful than none at all. It would also help your eye see what mode you were currently in more easily.

I found myself a little lost during performance-due to not knowing what scene I configured, or what mode I was in, and just thought it might be an easy feature to add that would help.

Hopefully this is clear. Thanks for listening! Loving my fractal products...

Paul

Last edited:
+1 and also maybe something similar for the presets when using the sticky preset mode. Something like when you engage sticky preset the display shows the preset name you are on and maybe one or two preset names above and below current. It would help with knowing the mode you are in and also help navigate for those of us that just don't remember like we used to.

Agreed. I'm using glow in the dark tape with labels using black text on clear Dymo labels. Not bad, but still harder to see than a label in a backlit display.

Last edited:
+1 for the scene names; it is one of the first things you wonder about why it isnt there when you start to understand scenes.

Back
Top Bottom