Wish Scene ignore on controller block

Honken

Inspired
Hi. If I am mistaking please help. But I wish for the possibility of the scene ignore functions in the controller block.

That would be awesome! I could easily think of amazing ways to use this. Especially since you can store different tempos in the controller channels.

Hi. If I am mistaking please help. But I wish for the possibility of the scene ignore functions in the controller block.

That would be awesome! I could easily think of amazing ways to use this. Especially since you can store different tempos in the controller channels.
Can you expand on this? I dont currently use scene ignore and am curious as to what implementation could produce. Thanks!

Can you expand on this? I dont currently use scene ignore and am curious as to what implementation could produce. Thanks!

Let's say I got 2 different amps and use the scenes to chose different FX. Lets say I use a tremolo with a square shape and the depth to 100%

If I use the sequencer in the controller block like a rythmic pattern consisting of:

Ch A: 8th notes. 2 steps with values of 100 and 0 alternating.

Ch B: 16th triplets. 6 steps with values of 100 and 0 alternating

Ch C: 16th notes. 2 steps with values of 100 and 0 alternating.

Ch D: 32th notes. 2 steps with values of 100 and 0 alternating.

This would make one channel in the tremolo extremely flexible. And then if I all of the sudden want to engage the same tremolo FX in another scene. But I want my notevalues to be the one in channel B, I will have to first select the scene, then the controller channel and then put on the tremolo.

Another use, would be different gain staging on one amp. Say I use the scene controllers to gain up or down the amps within a scene.

Say scene controller 1 is at 10% giving a nice clean sound with the bassguy amp. Then I could crack it up using the scenes in the Controller ch B, C and D. And I could switch amps, and have the same gain staging for that amp, regardless of what I saved at the init preset.

These are examples from the top of my head. Have to say I love the axe 3! All this flexibility ♥️

Edit: the controller block can also store different tempoes. Say:
Ch A is 80 BPM
Ch B is 100 BPM
Ch C. Is 120 BPM
Ch D is 160 BPM

Last edited:
I mainly used scene ignore to get totally gapless switching between several amps.

Setup is like volume block Infront of amp, set panning to left in channel A, and right in channel B. Set amp 1 on same row, choose input left only. Set amp 2 on right only. And both amps on scene ignore.

When playing amp 1, prep what amp 2 is gonna be when you change to ch B in volume block. And vice versa. This means I have all amps available in every scene.

Edit: and the point of having scene ignore on the controller is to have the same kind of flexibility with gain staging in every amp

Ahhh ok. That's what I thought it was, but since it's not a block you can place on the grid the "block" terminology threw me for a loop.
Yes, very true. Maybe it's not a block. But it can do a lot with the channel feature. I use this block quite a bit my self. There are multiple ways to use this to expand the capabilities in the unit. I fell its a real gem! Sorry for the confusion

Bumping this.

I just requested this in the FM9 Wishlist Thread.

Is there something complicated about doing this to the controller block, @FractalAudio ?

Back
Top Bottom