Wish Scene Ignore for Input Block

Twister

I use a variety of guitars with a kitchen sink preset.

The guitars fall into categories for their output, so a footswitch to adjust the signal via Channels would be an easy and stage friendly way to do things. The adjusted signal then hits my effects chain at a consistent optimum level.

But I need Scene Ignore on the Input block, otherwise changing scenes will reset the Input block to its stored setting.

Please, please, please?

PS - I've looked for alternatives to adjust volume after the Input block. VOL/PAN doesn't have Scene Ignore either (noted in another wish), and the GEQ colors my sound even with all faders set to 0. Scene Ignore on the Input block would be the simplest and most processor-friendly way to get the functionality I need.

Why not just change the "output level" in the input block - it can be different per channel or varied with a modifier / switch.

Because, as I said, without Scene Ignore if I switch to a different scene the modified output value is reset to its stored value.

Because, as I said, without Scene Ignore if I switch to a different scene the modified output value is reset to its stored value.
Ah - so the switch change persists - got it👍.

the GEQ colors my sound even with all faders set to 0
fyi - I did a null test (see preset below) on all the GEQ types and none affected the signal at all with all faders at 0 (I checked because it would have been a problem for me (and I suspect for others)), so you should be able to use the GEQ block for this purpose - agreed tho, scene ignore on the input block would be a better way.

Attachments

• Neutral GEQ Color Test.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
My ears say differently as far as the zero set GEQ goes.
Check the preset I attached above - active GEQ with faders at 0 null tested against a dry signal - yields silence. Unless you can point out where I got the test wrong somehow (or you can hear sound getting thru that preset that I can't hear with my tinnitus ears), I'd say your ears are playing tricks on you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom