Scene controllers

Fatjac

Inspired
Hi, in my continuing quest to tame this beast I am trying to set up a preset that has 3 scenes where each one has slightly more reverb mix. I thought that the best way to achieve this would be to use a scene controller. Accordingly I assigned scene controller 1 to the reverb mix parameter. So far good. Yes it does change the mix for each scene BUT I cannot find any correlation between setting the percentage in the scene controller & the mix parameter in the reverb block. It would seem that the reverb mix percentage indication is fixed for each scene although the knob position changes.

I had assumed that a setting of 50% in the scene controller would set a mix of 50% reverb mix but it would seem not.

The indication is the same on the Axe reverb edit page & in Axe Edit 3/

Has anyone experienced this that may care to comment or perhaps point me to a thread where this has already been discussed please?

Last edited:
Not sure about the III but on the Ax8 the value above the knob does not update when a controller moves. The actual value changes but it does not give you a visual update other than the knob position.

Not sure about the III but on the Ax8 the value above the knob does not update when a controller moves. The actual value changes but it does not give you a visual update other than the knob position.

Thanks I think that is what is happening on the III too.

Is there any relationship between say 30% in the scene controller settings & the reverb mix? Should they equate to the same?

I think it's dependant on what you set the "scale" of the controller to. So if your minimum value on the modifier is 0 and your maximum is 100 then when you adjust it on the scene controllers settings the amounts tally up so 30% would give you a mix value of 30%

I have my cab block levels and input gain levels set up this way for use with scene controllers too

The scene controller applies to "range" of the modifier.

If you set modifier Min to 0% and Max to 100% then the Scene Controller value of 50% will equate to 50%.

Back
Top Bottom