Scene Controller Question

rizzo

Inspired
I'm still wrapping my head around Scene Controllers.

I usually I like having 5 Scenes.
1) Friedman HBE - low drive
2) Friedman HBE - low drive w/ an effect
3) Friedman HBE - high drive settings
4) Friedman HBE - high drive settings w/ an effect
5) Friedman HBE - high drive settings w/ OD, delay, and level boost for solos

I currently use the amp X/Y to get the 2 drive settings. I would love to just change the gain with Scene Controllers. My low gain sound has an input drive of around 2.5 and my high gain sound is around 7.5.

I have went into the Scene Controller settings and selected 25% for Scene Controller 1 on all Scenes and 75% for Scene Controller 2 on all Scenes.

Once that is done how do you make those changes happen? Can I control it with an IA?

I have went into the Scene Controller settings and selected 25% for Scene Controller 1 on all Scenes and 75% for Scene Controller 2 on all Scenes.

Once that is done how do you make those changes happen? Can I control it with an IA?

That's not quite what you want to do. You want to set Scene Controller 1 to 25% for scenes 1 and 2 and then 75% for scenes 3, 4, and 5.

Now go to the AMP block, set to stay on state X for all five scenes. And then attach the Scene Controller 1 controller to the drive knob in the AMP block -- the way you would assign any controller to the parameter, by right clicking on it in Axe-Edit.

You can make fine-tuning the values a little easier by setting the max and min values that the controller controls in the controller edit window when attaching it to 2.5 on the min side and 7.5 on the max side. If you do this, set the values for Scene Controller 1 to 0% on scenes 1 and 2 and 100% on scenes 3, 4 and 5.

1 more question. Are the Scene Controllers changeable per preset or once you set then do they stay the same across all presets?

Back
Top Bottom