Scene changes with Liquid Foot Jr

Jimmy Nutron

So I’m playing bass and put together 4 scenes, however I can only toggle up and down through scenes. please tell me I can assign a button for each individual scene .
Using the liquid foot Jr.

Should not be to hard. I use a mini. Just assign a cc number, and value to a button that corresponds with the axe scenes. Should be in the manual of tha axe smowhere.

I set up a liquidfoot+ 12+ the other day. Probably took me 3 hours to figure it out but after I finished I could have done it in 5 minutes LOL. So it's not very hard if you are used to working with midi, but there's a learning curve if you're not midi fluent like me :) . I've been through this before just not often enough to have it all memorized.

I’ve owned the Jr for awhile Just trying to figure out the cc number for each scene. Is it two cc messages that need to be sent.

This thread should be elsewhere. But, Yes, the Axe FX II responds to CC 34 for scenes. You then need to send the value.

The Axe III allows the user to assign the scene CC number. I noticed that recently, the scene cc assignment appears in 2 places in the midi menu, and that they can be set to different settings. I'm not sure why.

On the LF pedal, you can make IA slots for 8 scenes, and then create a LF PAGE, so that your IA slots for Scenes appear on the pedal in the right button location you prefer.

I suggest, that if you do set up 8 IA slots for scenes, that you place them in the same group (see the GLOBAL MIDI tab in the editor), so that they are mutually exclusive and act like presets. In other words - only 1 scene should be active at a time. On your pedalboard, if you step on the button for scene 1 and it lights up as active, but then you step on the button for scene 2, so it lights up and is active, the button for scene one should not still be active - only 1 scene can be active at a time, therefore, only one of your IA slots for scenes should be displaying as active on your pedalboard.

wow thanks for the help
Correct answer is two cc messages.

1. Assign a CC number for scenes in the Axe III
2. Create IA slots for scenes in the LF editor
3. Enter in the "ON" side (the left side) of the IA = Midi command to AXE CC 34 value 0 (if you in fact have assigned CC 34 for scenes in the AXE III)

Scene 1 CC 34, value 0
Scene 2 CC 34, value 1
Scene 3 CC 34, value 2
and so on until you've reached
all the way to "Scene 8 CC 34 value 7"

Since there is not a BYPASS command for scenes (1 of the scenes is always active - there isn't a "no scene" scene), you really shouldn't have to use an LF IA slot that has the BYPASS (right side). In other words, the Quick TAP IA type might work.

You IA slots for scenes should contain no BYPASS programming.

I hope this makes sense.

The second way to do all of this with the LF, is to create 8 LF presets. And enter the midi CC and value on the first line of the programming lines in the preset. Then you create a LF page that contains bank preset buttons 1-8, and you go into a song, and load your 8 scene presets into that song in slots 1-8. Then you put your pedal into song mode and recall that song, which will make those 8 presets (that do nothing except trigger scenes) populate on your pedal. Now they will automatically be mutually exclusive - only 1 preset can be active at one time......The LF song could be where you enter the PC command to recall the correct Axe FX preset for that song.....

Back
Top Bottom