Scene attempt 2

qjawz

Inspired
....So I've tried this before and I gave up, but I figured one more crack wouldn't hurt. I've been using my main patches with no problems and I have no issue when applying any effects on those. I am just trying to utilize the Scene function so I have gap-less switching and everything is in one patch.

The issues I am having are a pop going from clean to dirty along with OUT 1 clip AND as I go from scene to scene example (2-3-4 OR 5-6-7) it increases the volume dramatically.

I am using 2 amps and 7 scenes, Reverb is on all the time. Citrus (AMP 1 X and Y State) and Shiva (AMP 2 only X State). AMP 1 on scene 1 is for Rhythm. AMP 1 on scene 2, 3, and 4 are being used for Lead in Y STATE. AMP 2 is clean on 5, 6, and 7.

BEFORE YOU READ ON...I have all things going mute in when bypassed. I have duplicated the exact settings on both X and Y states on all effects and Shiva (AMP 2). WITH the exception of AMP 1 it changes a few EQ parameters for lead purposes. AND yes there is a Level difference from AMP 1 X state to Y for some reason when you have the X Y states in my case one will be dramatically louder thus needing less level.

Scene 1 No Delay, Reverb on Amp 1 X state
Scene 2 No Delay, Reverb on Amp 1 Y state
Scene 3 Delay 1, Reverb on Amp 1 Y state
Scene 4 Multi Delay 1 and 2, Reverb on Amp 1 Y state
Scene 5 No Delay, Reverb on Amp 1 X state
Scene 6 Delay 1, Reverb on Amp 2 X state
Scene 7 Multi Delay 1 and 2, Reverb on Amp 1 Y state

I have attached the Patch.

Thank you in advance, hopefully I can get this resolved so I can quit messing with and get back to playing.

Attachments

• Scene Attempt 2.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 2
Press Layout, then press Page until you reach the Output Mixer. In scene 1 MAIN (scene 1 level) is all the way down. This setting (preset output level) is stored separately for each scene.

Also, Amp Level in Y is different from Amp Level in X which causes the volume difference.

I just found this on the wiki page...."The output level is stored independently for each scene" can someone explain this and how to change and or fix is this what I am experiencing or am I wrong?

Preset scene - Axe-Fx II Wiki
It means that you can change the scene output volume (on the output mix tab in the layout menu) on a per-scene basis, not a per preset basis. If you used vol+ and vol- CC# messages, then those messages will change the scene output, not the preset output which might cause your volume differences.

Thank you guys for responding. I found the out part in layout and matched them all to my first scene then fixed the volume difference X and Y Amp 1....the reason it was such a vast volume was I was compensating for not knowing about that layout -> out thing. I still have an increase in volume when switching scenes 2-3-4 or 5-6-7. I think it has to do with the effects maybe routing? Like I said in the OP all X and Y states are exactly the same but it seems like when I switch scenes in that order 2-3-4 or 5-6-7 the volume increase this time not because of the out levels though. Its better to test 5 then 6 then 7 to understand ill re-upload the file.

Attachments

• Scene Attempt 2.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 0
don't know if this solution helps you...
my presets contain riff, clean and two different soloing tones
right at the end of the grid [in the final column] I place all four GEQ blocks [one in each row]
all of these GEQ blocks are set bypass: mute
scene1 = riff, GEQ1 active, all others mute
scene2 = solo1, GEQ2 active, all others mute
scene3 = clean, GEQ3 active, all others mute
scene4 = solo2, GEQ active, all others mute
scene5 = clean varient, GEQ3 active, all others mute

this means that I can use these GEQ blocks to set the final level and EQ on a per scene basis
better still.. when I create varients of this preset, the GEQ blocks are global linked
this means that should I need to make an EQ / level alteration to one of them, all of the other presets in this family of presets get the alteration too [so I don't need to get through them all one by one and manually copy the changes]

Back
Top Bottom