Saying good buy and good ridance

ears.jpg

I can't believe I got it wrong! *sigh*

Last night at studio:

Four completely different tunes:
1 - Country twang tune with fills (Telecaster into "My country" patch... can't remember what I used!)
2 - Freddie Green comping behind horns (Herb ellis archtop into "My Jazz" patch... my inability to remember what I set the Axe to is embarrassing)
3 - 70s rock chugging for a "pop-blues" tune (that was using a Fender bassman patch, I remember that much)
4 - 80's style "Huey Lewis" lead fills (that's exactly what the client sheet said) - strat into a Marshall JCM patch with some delay.

Went in to studio at 5:45 PM, was back home before 9. Four different tunes, four different styles, four different guitars, four different patches, one unit. Wife is happy I wasn't home too late.

Beat that.

OMG.....I find it difficult at best to believe this entire thread is based on the fact that one loser who insisted on going out with a bang could actually get you all to play along.

He must be rolling over with laughter right now.

Let it go, it's really not even worth a response.

i just saying good bye im selling my Doritos nachos ... to me it just dosent come close to the real nachos.. i have spent months and months hours and hours trying to get a good cheesy flavor ...it just felt sterile to me after awhile ( i took me a long time to realize that it did not feel like a mexican nacho..) so to just be sure i went out and bought a chimichanga just to make sure i was not nuts.... the Dorito may look like a nacho... but its not even close to the taste and feel of a real nacho...i m surprised that so many people dont taste the difference...but then again i was fooled into thinking it was as good as the real thing ..but always there was something missing ...i cant tell you how good it feel s to let go of the Dorito and stop chasing flavor...i just eat my Mexican nacho and its like a breath of fresh air .. you should try it sometime. NACHO IS NACHO DORITO IS DORITO AND WILL NEVER EVER REALLY BE THE SAME...IF you cant tell the difference i envy you..
also this forum is full of assholes... its so weird i feel like i have gotten out of bad relationship with an abusive girlfriend...the Dorito is great for a world in which everything is fake ...i will go back to being organic
Dorito is amazing.. they will do to the Nacho world what steven wright did to the comedy industry with his non-sequiturs

it a great nacho just not for me
I am hungry now after reading this :lol

This has not been the case with me - I pretty much never play my Fenders anymore. But I respect your choice - we all hopefully use what's best for our ears and hands, no matter what anyone else thinks. it seems to me that the most 'complaints' about the 'feel' that I've heard are from super high-gain guys used to marshalls and boogies, not 'clean-to-breakup Fender' guys like me. So, just curious, kickatch, what kind of sound do you use as your 'go to' sound? Is it a high-gain type?

Thanks.

It may be that some people can tweak and some cannot... maybe it was his setup??? Who can say for sure...
I know that at Band practice my Rig (Axe2+QSC8+Straight to PA) sounds killer!
I also know the 1st Time I played on stage with this setup and got the volume up I almost had a wet nap (wet dream while awake)
I only had my Axe2 for 2 weeks at that point!!! After the last 6 weeks of patches I made, the Next gig I might need to bring a change of undies...
My Axe2 setup is simply off the hook live! And I was a Tube Snob really bad before...
So I just don't get that it doesn't have the same feel???

I do hope that's a typo??

No typo... I couldn't tell the difference between the two clips other than one sounded like it had a touch more gain. So I could not pick one or the other. I think Cliff made his point, A simple "I can't tell" would have worked for me. But hey the fun is over now that the cat is out of the bag and I can't wait for this thread to die a miserable death8).

ok, this one is tough, but I vote the axe is left and the real deal is right.

there's a little more plumpiness and fleshy goodness on the right.

this 6.0 rocks!

The thing is, I would like you to clarify, for all us wanton beatnicks; do you mean viewer left or stage left? It's a fine line.

EDIT: Oh yeah! OP was making some point about something that escapes me. Blah blah blah. Didn't it have something to do with, I dunno, ummmmmmmmmangoes and syrup?

I'm all for it. Yessiree-bob!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom