Saying good buy and good ridance

Honestly I am sick of this comparison bull crap. Everyone has their own ears,personally I love tube amps but I seriously believe the Axe FxII does replicate most of the boutique amps really well. In fact at times I like the Axe FXII even more than the tube amps,which is why I don't have an urge to go looking out for more gear in terms of amplification and effects. For me it really does it all,the axe fxII is what it is,the tubes are tubes. There is nothing magical in them and if you really spend your time working with the unit you'll get those exact tones if you want.

If you're still not convinced that's your own matter of perception. I think if Fractal was really not up to it's statement,then the company would have been over by now. But it is constantly growing with customers that are absolute pros. The reason why guys like Steve Vai and John Petrucci won't totally shift to the Axe Fx is,cause of their longtime relationship with their respective amp companies. If I had 10 to 20 plus years of commitment with a product,I know I wouldn't leave it even though there was something with a lesser size that could do it all.

But i am glad I live in this day and age to be owning a Fractal Axe Fx II and I am going to stick with Fractal. Firmware 6.0 is just going to be a reassurance of the untapped power of this unit,people need to be patient with the unit. If you're one of those guys that just want a damn good sound by plug and play then seriously don't buy the Axe Fx Ultra or II for that matter. When Firware 3.0 came out,I was still an owner of the Ultra and I didn't feel like getting the II. I got the II when Firmware 5 and above came out,that to me was a big difference. And I was just thinking how much better would this get. Firmware 6.0 would be a huge update to the unit,but there will be more. If you want to stick with your tubes that's fine,if you want to use the Axe Fx in it's entirety then that's great too.

I personally prefer the Axe over any boutique amp out there. I had a chance to buy a Diezle amp and cab,but honestly I am glad I didn't.
This post is not to be against anyone that is against the Axe Fx,it's just to let you know that opinions are opinions. But to many of us the Axe FxII does deliver the promise.

Cheers.

Last edited:
I wonder if you were using an FRFR setup or Power Amp and Cabinet.
I personally use FRFR and think this Hits Tube feel spot on.
Turned up... man I love it.
I find it comical that people run these with a Tube power amp.
A fender will not sound like a fender into a Marshall Head and Cab.

I was using a JMP-1 + Mesa Boogie TriAxis into Peavey Classic 50/50 into a Marshall 1922 Cab
First with a GSP2101 then a Rocktron Voodu Valve.
I think my Axe2 straight to PA is soooooo much better than that.

Just curious.
and yes whenever you have passionate fans you will find aholes...
Go to an XBox360 forum and complain because you need to pay to play online with Xbox Live... Raging XBots...

Ah, I get it now. I am such an asshole. :)

He was the guy awhile back that got so pissed at Smilefan (who gave us soooo much of his time) because he left to persue an opportunity and didn't supply him with a turtorial. Along with some other classics and gems. He's a tad angry at the world. Hopefully he will find some peace of mind now that he doesn't have to deal with us jerks anymore. :)

why don't you keep it and use it as an effects unit in front of your amp? i've been using it like this and couldn't be happier. you get the best of both worlds- a real amp and one of the best effects units on the market! plus, if you ever have to do any recording, you have the amp and cab sims available. it's a no-brainer

This is the most friendly civil forum I've ever been a part of. No idea what this guy is smoking but that attitude won't be missed.
For the most part, this is 100% true. Some of us (me included: I had my knuckles rapped once) get hot under the collar, but I think the really 'abusive asshole' was revealed in the original post. As someone else said, at least we can agree on the good riddance part. As someone else pointed out: either we are all completely deluded on the merits of the AXE, and on the incredible level of helpfulness, patience and civility in this forum and the OP is the ONE PERSON who sees THE TRUTH, or the inverse. Ego is a deadly thing sometimes.

Hi paulypj
I think it's your right to think this way..You just hear/feel this way not another..I guess Axe has it's own place in guitar world and if you want replace your tube amp with Axe it's kind of wrong apprach..I had similar problem as you with my Ultra..and,just like you wanted replace my tube amps with Axe..Now with my new Axe II I gave up comparing it to real tube amp..I just've found nice usable guitar tone and I use it with joy..In fact Axe is like a new instrument to me and this way I love it :). These days I play it through my VHT 2502 Tube power amp (great !!!) and my new amazing DV Mark C212V cab..This combination rocks for me..
I suggest you to go my way..It fixed all my problems with Axe..and with new FW6 it's possible that it will work for me even FRFR way one day..
Anyway i understand your concern and wish you all the best :)

I wonder if you were using an FRFR setup or Power Amp and Cabinet.
I personally use FRFR and think this Hits Tube feel spot on.
Turned up... man I love it.
I find it comical that people run these with a Tube power amp.
A fender will not sound like a fender into a Marshall Head and Cab.

I was using a JMP-1 + Mesa Boogie TriAxis into Peavey Classic 50/50 into a Marshall 1922 Cab
First with a GSP2101 then a Rocktron Voodu Valve.
I think my Axe2 straight to PA is soooooo much better than that.

Just curious.
and yes whenever you have passionate fans you will find aholes...
Go to an XBox360 forum and complain because you need to pay to play online with Xbox Live... Raging XBots...

1) I wouldn't bother engaging with the OP anymore - he needs to be right and make all of us wrong to preserve his ego.
2) That said, I agree 1000%. Once I got rid of the cab and went FRFR, I had the BEST, most consistent 'Fender' amp I'd ever had, which sounded good the second I turned it on, and never varied with tube age, power supply etc. - and that's on the Ultra. I've got my II now, and am still recreating/improving my Ultra sounds, and it's even better! The only thing I hate is that FW keeps changing sounds, which is my my II will not replace my Ultra in my rack until FW has gotten to a place where I don't think I need to change it again - which may be 6.0, but probably not - because of Spillover lameness...

After his rant because Smilefan left without spelling out every nuance of how to work the Axe-FX, I couldn't help but have a mental picture like this every time I read one of his posts. Paully PJ. Guess I am an asshole.

m223227342.jpg

After his rant because Smilefan left without spelling out every nuance of how to work the Axe-FX, I couldn't help but have a mental picture like this every time I read one of his posts. Paully PJ. Guess I am an asshole.

m223227342.jpg

It's possible that the kid in this picture can spell better than he can too!

Thats the most stupi thing that you could do to sell it now! Other thing is about the assholes... noone will program that for you so stop crying and the other thing might be your guitar aka setup, pickups, wood, even cable... you will notice same thing with Kemper i can assure you now.

Yes-Please remember, as mentioned that this is the "kid" who was devestated that Smilefan left and felt now know one could possibly explain how to program the Axe and get a good sound. He whined and blamed Cliff, Fractal, you name it.
All his post were about whining. I imagine I am one of the A H's he spoke of because I called him on his whining.
But to attack the whole forum like he did is just unfair. He clearly is a kid and I apoligize for him and for any part I played in fueling the childs fantasies. Sorry.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom