Saxophone Metal

Poparad

Power User
A friend of mine just released his sax-fronted metal album that I did some playing on:

https://resurrectingid.bandcamp.com/

He wrote all of the music and played sax, I played guitar and bass and did the mixing and mastering. I used an Agile 9-string for the Meshuggah-y stuff, a Carvin Holdsworth for the lead and clean parts, and a Carvin LB76 for bass. All the guitar and bass parts are recorded with the AxeFX, I think somewhere around v16 or 17.

I quite liked it. It was bizarre/weird but in a good way and worked well. Do I detect some Zappa influence? Sounds a bit like Skerik meets Shining (the Norwegian one).

Good sax player..:eagerness:

Yeah, he's always been a badass. We did our undergrad degrees together, and is definitely one of the most natural musicians I've ever worked with. A lot of those riffs are so weird, rhythmically, and took me weeks to lay down good takes. When we did the sax parts, he'd just come in, do one take, and nail it better than any of my takes ended up being.

I didn't have any hand in the writing of the songs (I was just playing off the sheet music Chris sent me), but I know he listens to a crazy collection of music. As for me, I'm definitely a Soft Machine fan.

Saw Shining with Periphery and Devin Townsend a couple of weeks ago. They were the best band of the evening, honestly! This thing here is different, but I start to see, that I really like listening to crazy stuff like that!! :D

Back
Top Bottom