Saw Brit Floyd Last Night

rrhoads17

Inspired
I saw Brit Floyd last night and Edo was using the III and Damian was using the II. The tone was unreal!! If you closed your eyes, you would not believe it's a tribute band. I've seen them twice, but Edo was using the II last time I saw them. It seemed like Edo's tone was slightly better to my ears, which goes to the show that the III does sound better than the II given all the firmware updates. Also, they have a great front of house guy. Given we were in a small theater, the guitars were loud, yet remained crystal clear. I have seen alot of bands with tube amps, and it can be pretty painful on the ears, not in a good way, especially in the highs, and it seems like it the loudness of the amps just makes it sound garbled. This is a good example of how the AxeFx does great as a direct front of house solution and makes the sound engineer's life much easier.

I saw Brit Floyd last night and Edo was using the III and Damian was using the II. The tone was unreal!! If you closed your eyes, you would not believe it's a tribute band. I've seen them twice, but Edo was using the II last time I saw them. It seemed like Edo's tone was slightly better to my ears, which goes to the show that the III does sound better than the II given all the firmware updates. Also, they have a great front of house guy. Given we were in a small theater, the guitars were loud, yet remained crystal clear. I have seen alot of bands with tube amps, and it can be pretty painful on the ears, not in a good way, especially in the highs, and it seems like it the loudness of the amps just makes it sound garbled. This is a good example of how the AxeFx does great as a direct front of house solution and makes the sound engineer's life much easier.
Where?

Amazing sound. I have to admit I was confused when I watched the video until I realized the world can contain more than one guy named Edo. I was thinking Edo from Achtung Babies (also very accomplished) had a second gig, but it looked nothing like him. That said, what a production and sound!!!!

Those guys are so amazing. Seen them 5 times now. Saw them twice when they were still using amps and 3 times with Fractal. The show sounds so much better with the Fractal gear.

Old post revival! I worked the local IA stage crew for the Brit Floyd show last night. Fractal guitar sounds were stellar throughout as was the whole production. Lots of the rarer Floyd tunes in the show. My personal highlight was a near-perfect rendition of "Echoes" to open the second set. If you are a Floyd fan, you really owe it to yourself to check these guys out.

Attachments

• BF_Pulse.jpg
    BF_Pulse.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 10
I've seen them and APF and both were amazing shows. Definitely worth a go if you're a PF fan, there's nothing like hearing those tunes at the appropriate volume and with a big spectacle of a show that rivals what you would see if PF were still an active band.

Back
Top Bottom