Saving Pedal effects issues..

Hey guys,

I'm saving Pedal effects on my board and when i am coming back from another preset, the saved PEDAL name is not showing.
Because of that when im updating the PEDAL preset and trying to save it, it's asking to save a new one instead of updating the current one.

Again, aperantelly because it doesnt show the preset name of the PEDAL when i enter any preset scene.

What do you say about it?
Do you this issue?
Is it a bug?
Or maybe new installation?

If I understand your correctly, the preset name does not always save when editing a preset with the Edit program. What I do to work around this is to always click Save twice when using the Edit program. Try it.

Hey guys,

I'm saving Pedal effects on my board and when i am coming back from another preset, the saved PEDAL name is not showing.
Because of that when im updating the PEDAL preset and trying to save it, it's asking to save a new one instead of updating the current one.

Again, aperantelly because it doesnt show the preset name of the PEDAL when i enter any preset scene.

What do you say about it?
Do you this issue?
Is it a bug?
Or maybe new installation?
i don't know what you mean by "PEDAL" name. what is PEDAL name? what is PEDAL preset?

Hey guys, thankss

I've created a Preset - pedalboard for infront-of-amp usage with pedals only.
Now, i can save presets of the let say "overdrive", but when i exit to another presets and then coming back to the previous it doesnt show the name of "pedal preset", all the pedal tweaking is there except the name.
Because of that when i try to save a new change/tweak for that pedal i cant, it shows me only one option on the menu and its "save".
When im trying to save with a new name even though i dont want that, after all i want to update the current one and if i give it the same name it doesnt ask me to rewrite it, it just say i cant do this process of naming the same preset name.

Soo..
i have trouble with updating the overdrive preset, maybe i update to version 10.01
maybe i have a little boog ;)

Do you can save it normally?

when you say pedalboard you mean you set all the switches (1-8) to the individual fx you want in your pedalboard preset. Then you want to save that "preset with the name "overdrive"? Is that correct? If so their is no trick to that. Just name it and save it. If you then go into that preset and change the settings on any of the FX (1-8) in your pedalboard preset you then just save it...
Do you use axe 8 edit or the front panel of the ax8? It is important to know for anyone to help you....

Am I correct that the problem is that you are saving blocks in the blocks library and are unable to save the block under the same name if you edit it after creation?

yes
i have set a pedalboard preset with only pedals on it.

i can save presets of any pedal, if it is overdrive or enhancer or PEQ or rotery speaker but when i get back to the Number 1 Pedalboard Preset or any of the board presets for that matter, and go to one of the pedals and try to save a new tweak, the menu shows me only "save" for a new name and it doesnt want to save the current "pedal preset" unless.. i remember the name of that preset and load it again for me to be able to see its name and only that way i can save the new tweak as it supposed to do.

i have a lot of pedals presets and i dont always remember what is current name

i use the AX8 EDIT

where exactly do you see this? if you click Save, it will save.

ON the AX8-EDIT down in the left side, there is "block library".
This block library save a presets of "block pedals", if you have amp setting you want to save for example.

on your image of the AX8-EDIT you are on the "amp block", notice down below on "block library", it is empty - no preset name.

that's is what i see each time i enter to a PRESET 01(not a scene but a preset), even though i have pedals there from a preset i made, it's still doesnt show its name.
Therefore, when i try to update a tweak for that "block library preset", i push the + sign, and a menu is showing, with options.

If the "block library" name is not showing on the screen, like in your image, that mean i have to save a new preset instead of updating the current one.

you have showed me in red circle the SAVE button, that i obviously know but it save the whole PRESET and it is fine, but i sometimes want to recall the "block library preset" in another places with the new update tweak i have made to the "pedal block preset"

It's correct that you can save blocks and name them the way you want. When you re-call any saved block, the name of the block is shown in the little box down in the left side, the block library. If you save the preset after loading the saved block and then move to another preset, the name of the saved block will no longer be shown in the block library next time you load that preset.

Me too, I'd appreciate if the block library kept showing the saved blocks so that any time a load a preset containing "saved blocks" the block library could show if the relevant block is alredy saved in the library or not.

Last edited:
To be clear, a block can be loaded from the block library on your your computer into the AX-8 when you initiate the action.

There is no relationship or updating of any kind between the block's instance on the AX-8nd your computer. Once it's loaded into a preset/scene that's it.

The Block Library just gives you a method for saving your favorite block settings independent of the Ax-8 for reuse in other presets. The name you give a block when you save it is all on your computer.

Read the manual and/or the wiki on this subject. It covers all of this and more.

Thanks guys..

The only problem i am experiencing is that the name of the "blocks library" doesn't show up on the screen when i enter from Preset 1-8 for example to Preset 1-1.

Because there is no name on the screen, the only option i have is to save it with a new name, even though i am on a specific and already saved preset.

if i wanna update the current "block library" preset, i have to remember it's name and press it on the menu (upload it) and after that the name is shown and then i can update the "block library" preset because then i have more options on its little menu.
When i say menu i mean the one i enter to it from the + sign next to the "blocks library"

It doesn't seem like a bug but it seems like the code writers didn't include this option on the software menus for the "blocks library" to be visible all the time, this is very useful feature and too bad it doesn't work properly

How can i bring this subject to "FAS" team?

thanks

Last edited:
It doesn't seem like a bug but it seems like the code writers didn't include this option on the software menus for the "blocks library" to be visible all the time, this is very useful feature and too bad it doesn't work properly

Agreed, I'd make good use of that option too.

I use "blocks library" all the time and it is great and even a huge feature for good workflow.

So do I. I was referring to your suggestion to implement the possibility to have the Library Block always showing the name of the block currently in use (if previosuly saved in the library, of course).

Back
Top Bottom