Saving from one scene to another?

bleedthefreak

Inspired
Is there a way? I am trying to save time by saving an amp block from scene to another in the same preset. Does it have to done through the use of a global block?

Thanks

Once you place an amp block (or any block) in a scene, it's present in every scene. The only variable is whether it's bypassed or not, and whether it's in the X or Y state.

I've noticed the settings are not the same however. Is there a way to have it set the same within each scene? Say the boost is on in one scene and the drive is at 10 O'clock, how would you save these settings from one amp block in one scene to another amp block in another scene?

As i understand it, you want to copy an amp block to another one amp block (per scene or per preset does not matter).
You can save the "source" amp block as a global block (double click FX BYP and select the save option). Then place another amp on the grid and load the previously saved global amp (double click FX BYP and select the desired load option).

Is there a way to move scenes? I've been trying to figure out how to say, move scene 1 to the scene 3 position. Just so I can reorder stuff a bit. I'm using XY on just about everything so it gets a little time consuming to remake the scenes manually.

Reactions: NHD
I've noticed the settings are not the same however. Is there a way to have it set the same within each scene? Say the boost is on in one scene and the drive is at 10 O'clock, how would you save these settings from one amp block in one scene to another amp block in another scene?

It's not a separate amp block in the two scenes. You only have the one block, with either X or Y settings. That's it. If your settings are changing, then, the only explanation is that you have X selected in one scene and Y selected in another. Each scene doesn't store a separate set of blocks. Each scene within the preset all share the same blocks, just with different X/Y or bypass states.

Is there a way to move scenes? I've been trying to figure out how to say, move scene 1 to the scene 3 position. Just so I can reorder stuff a bit. I'm using XY on just about everything so it gets a little time consuming to remake the scenes manually.

Good question. I don't think so, but I really hope AE2.0 will support scenes via axemanage. The feature is just too important to not support it!

I would like to know this as well

To get a grip on the concept of scenes: I don't view them as separate "presets". It's one and the same preset. Only some parameters are changed in the background. And the snapshot of the preset in its actual state is called a scene. So there is no such thing as copying scenes, moving scenes, etc. It's like having a single preset and attaching a load of external controllers to the Bypass parameter, X/Y states, Output Level and FX Loop Level.

To get a grip on the concept of scenes: I don't view them as separate "presets". It's one and the same preset. Only some parameters are changed in the background. And the snapshot of the preset in its actual state is called a scene. So there is no such thing as copying scenes, moving scenes, etc. It's like having a single preset and attaching a load of external controllers to the Bypass parameter, X/Y states, Output Level and FX Loop Level.

No I understand that part. My issue has been making one giant preset that can handle an entire gig and realizing that I didn't like the order I laid the scenes out in. While it really isn't a big deal to just go through and turn things on/off and X/Y to re-do them, it would be nice if you could just copy scene 2 to scene 5 or something similar to the copy X to Y.

I will say that having the seamless switching with spillover is just awesome. This is one of the best features added lately IMO and again puts the axe miles ahead of everyone else!

I'd like to be able to copy scenes too, just because it could be easier to take an existing scene and make one or two changes to it, as opposed to recreating the whole thing again. It's not a big deal, just a few more clicks, but would still be much quicker than going thru the new scene and making sure all the fx are on or off and in the correct x/y state...

Would also be helpful if you wanted to just rearrange the order of your scenes.

I'd like to be able to copy scenes too, just because it could be easier to take an existing scene and make one or two changes to it, as opposed to recreating the whole thing again. It's not a big deal, just a few more clicks, but would still be much quicker than going thru the new scene and making sure all the fx are on or off and in the correct x/y state...

Or sometimes you download someones elses patch and you like their scene 3 better than their scene 1

Has this been solved??

Would love to know!

:)

Back
Top Bottom