Saved drive effect status changes w/ program change

Jimbo

Just updated AxeFx II fw to Q9 on 10/29. Using MFC like a traditional pedal board. I have drive blocks saved as “off” but when I switch between amps and come back, the drive block 1 is engaged and the MFC switch indicator is not lit. I switch the “drive 1” effect “on” and back “off” on the MFC and it works fine. Bug or should I check / fix something?

Did the issue begin after updating to Q9?

Do you have Axe-FX mode enabled on the MFC?

Is the "Axe-FX Function" of this IA switch set to Drive 1, or "none" with CC programmed manually?

Yes, started after update.
Yes, MFC has Axe-Fx mode enabled and all other IA’s work fine (delay, verb, etc)just as before update.
Function of IA switch is set to “Drive 1”.

The IA switch works but this one effect defaults to “on” regardless of my saving as “off”.

Just updated AxeFx II fw to Q9 on 10/29. Using MFC like a traditional pedal board. I have drive blocks saved as “off” but when I switch between amps and come back, the drive block 1 is engaged and the MFC switch indicator is not lit. I switch the “drive 1” effect “on” and back “off” on the MFC and it works fine. Bug or should I check / fix something?
What does “switch between amps” mean? How are you doing this switching? Do you mean Presets? Scenes?

Does this happen with the MFC disconnected?

“Switch b/w amps” = switch b/w presets of amp models. I’ve had the MFC set up like a traditional pedal board w/ the switches across the bottom being amp models and all the above switches being effect blocks; been running the MFC and AxeFx the same way for years. Just updated firmware and “Drive 1” block now defaults to “engaged.”

What does “switch between amps” mean? How are you doing this switching? Do you mean Presets? Scenes?

Does this happen with the MFC disconnected?
Haven’t tried with the MFC disconnected. I’ll try that tonight and reply.

“Switch b/w amps” = switch b/w presets of amp models. I’ve had the MFC set up like a traditional pedal board w/ the switches across the bottom being amp models and all the above switches being effect blocks; been running the MFC and AxeFx the same way for years. Just updated firmware and “Drive 1” block now defaults to “engaged.”
so to clarify, you are changing Presets? you go from Preset 035 to Preset 036, then back to 035, for example, right?

it doesn't really matter that "amp models are changing" etc, but just need to make sure you are definitely changing Presets.

please do report when MFC is not connected. this will give us more information.

so to clarify, you are changing Presets? you go from Preset 035 to Preset 036, then back to 035, for example, right?

it doesn't really matter that "amp models are changing" etc, but just need to make sure you are definitely changing Presets.

please do report when MFC is not connected. this will give us more information.

Yes, just changing presets. Start playing on preset 007 and save with “Drive 1” disengaged. Switch to preset 008, then back to preset 007. Preset 007 loads with “Drive 1” engaged.

Are you saving the preset on the Axe-FX?

If you store the preset (on Axe-FX) with drive block engaged, is the IA switch on when recalling the preset again?

Yes, just changing presets. Start playing on preset 007 and save with “Drive 1” disengaged. Switch to preset 008, then back to preset 007. Preset 007 loads with “Drive 1” engaged.

Ok,
  • The drive block status works normally without the MFC
  • Using the MFC results in the originally stated default to Drive1 “engaged”
  • Only Drive1 is acting up btw, all other effects working normally w/ MFC
  • The IA switch for Drive1 light is not lit when I change program on the MFC even though Drive1 is defaulting to “engaged” on every program

do all Presets with Drive 1 in it do this? or just a particular preset? please add Drive 1 to a test preset if you don't have any others.

I
do all Presets with Drive 1 in it do this? or just a particular preset? please add Drive 1 to a test preset if you don't have any others.

It does it on all presets; I have Drive1 on most presets and the first 8 I tried all do it.

That could mean something else on the MFC (XP, XS, general-use IA, internal CC) is configured to turn on the drive. I would look through all those settings for anything using the Drive 1 bypass CC#, or just see if a full MFC reset solves it.

That could mean something else on the MFC (XP, XS, general-use IA, internal CC) is configured to turn on the drive. I would look through all those settings for anything using the Drive 1 bypass CC#, or just see if a full MFC reset solves it.
i agree with this ^

also just to check, on the Axe-Fx front panel, press I/O then page over to the CTRL page - what is the number next to Drive 1?

Back
Top Bottom