Saved Amp block not able to be duplicated

Livstone

Inspired
Yesterday I upon an interesting dilemma. I have an all purpose preset that I use that I wanted to duplicate with different amps. There is currently variation of a Dumble in both X & Y that I wanted to replace the X with a Brit Brown. I duplicated the preset at a new location to do this. I had a Brit Brown amp block saved that I wanted to duplicate for the X in the new location but when I copied all of the settings to equal the settings in my saved amp block it sounded totally different. The volume is lower, it has a harsh overmodulated sound to it and it doesn't the EQ is off making it sound thinner and not as round as my saved block.

I went down each setting in AX8 edit for the amp block and ensured that they were identical and they are using the same exact cab so the should sound the same as my saved Brit Brown Amp block.

Two questions–
1-What could them sound different?

2-I think there is a way to copy and paste just the X or Y settings to a new location but I can't seem to locate it in the forum. Does anyone know how this is done?

Thanks

The differences may be from a different firmware? If the original amp was created in an older firmware and has never been reset, it may still contain the older (hidden) defaults. Manually creating a new one, with the new (hidden) defaults, and copying the visible parameters, might be the issue???

In any case.............

To copy and paste the original.... Go to the preset with the desired amp, right-click on the 'X/Y' buttons to expose a drop-down window with all of the copy/paste functions. Copy the desired ('X' or 'Y') amp (as is) to clipboard. Go the the destination preset, paste the desired ('X' or 'Y') amp to the desired destination ('X' or 'Y') amp.

Upload the preset.

Will do in a few minutes!!

The differences may be from a different firmware? If the original amp was created in an older firmware and has never been reset, it may still contain the older (hidden) defaults. Manually creating a new one, with the new (hidden) defaults, and copying the visible parameters, might be the issue???

In any case.............

To copy and paste the original.... Go to the preset with the desired amp, right-click on the 'X/Y' buttons to expose a drop-down window with all of the copy/paste functions. Copy the desired ('X' or 'Y') amp (as is) to clipboard. Go the the destination preset, paste the desired ('X' or 'Y') amp to the desired destination ('X' or 'Y') amp.

I just considered this while I was out running a few errands Moke. I don’t remember when I saved this block but that could surely be a possibility.

Thanks for the copy and paste info too!!

Here is the amp block and the preset. The Y amp in the block was the one I was trying to duplicate.

Attachments

• Brit Brown_20190223_004149@0.blk
    838 bytes · Views: 1
  • Brit BrownDumble Test.syx
    12.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Ok so I started the process from the beginning and re-saved the original preset and then copied the Y amp to the X of the new preset and it worked so as Moke said it must be a firmware thing that made that happen. Thanks for the assistance!!

Back
Top Bottom