Satriani Sounds & Jam

Wow killer chops. Man I gotta start practicing. This forum is an inpiration. Record more stuff man I'd love to hear it! :D BTW. Where did you get the backing track?

Can't believe I missed this thread. You've definitely nailed the Satch tone! Well done on the patch...and well done with your fingers too!

gtrdave said:
Wow killer chops. Man I gotta start practicing. This forum is an inpiration. Record more stuff man I'd love to hear it! :D BTW. Where did you get the backing track?

I made it :D

nota said:
Here's my Satriani sound that I spent some time tweaking. I'm sure it's not perfect, but I used pictures of his gear and tried to recreate it. I'm happy with the way it came out! If you like it, I can tell you the specifics of my gear and settings.

The jam is just unrehearsed soloing (the way I like it). One section has wah, another has some octave style distortion (all based on Satriani's rig).

Advice and comments are welcome!

http://theholtsite.com/mp3/SatrianiLix.mp3

That sounded goooooood

nota said:
Thanks for the feedback so far! Here's the preset, hope you enjoy.

http://theholtsite.com/Satriani.syx

Also, here's one of the pictures I used to tweak everything. I tried to get everything right as far as order and such. I did use the Peavey 5120 amp instead of the one in the picture simply because I read elsewhere that Joe used that more recently.

satriani_joe_2000.gif

Excellent!!!!

Yeah, I also missed this thread the first time 'round. Big kudos, absolutely great stuff, very Satch-y. Get Stu Hamm to lay down the bass track for you and I'll believe you're actually Joe himself posting under an alias...

EDIT: I'll go one step farther in my heaping of praise -- I actually downloaded this one and am saving it because I like it so much.

Damn, I can't wait to get my Ultra in a few weeks...this will be one of the first patches I try methinx...

soularflair

You nailed the tone. Sweet! I tried to download the patch and nothing happened but a white screen. :cry: Any help on the link? Thanks.

is this an actual Satriani song or original?

Best Satch tone I've heard from the Axe. Spot-on phrasing doesn't hurt.

Back
Top Bottom