Satriani Live--Multiple Axe Fx(s)

bradlake

Axe-Master
Saw Joe last night at the
Chicago Theatre ...sorry no pix, too busy picking my jaw up from the floor...He was extraordinary as expected, and the band (Beller, Minneman, and Keneally.....!!) were all having an obvious ball...Both Joe and Mike Kennally had Axe-fx, in addition to numerous Marshall JS models..So I'm assuming that Matt's
Presence at a previous show (pics posted by AdminM@ ) was not a social call.....Well done FAS, another very special plume in yer cap.....

Mike Keneally has been using it on his keyboards for effects in the past. I am not sure if he ever made the change over to using for guitar or not.

Mike Keneally has been using it on his keyboards for effects in the past. I am not sure if he ever made the change over to using for guitar or not.

Mike is extraordinary, and at numerous points was playing amazing things on keys and guitar at once...I think he has been doing that since his '88 Zappa touring days, but to see it live was special.

Mike is so talented musically. He puts very little into his gear is my understanding. Partially cause his fingers are so talented and dynamic, and seems to be where his focus is, rather than chasing gear for the sounds he craves.

When he was in Birmingham a few weeks ago he was just using it for reverb & delay but he said he was working with Fractal on additional uses

I believe he played them both. I have a lot of pics including their rigs and joes guitars but they are too large to upload

I saw him in Toronto , week ago, and was front and center - show was amazing, great playing by Mike and Joe -

Mike had an axefx on top of a Rivera cab, and no MFC, whereas Joe was playing through 3 Marshall heads/3 Marshal cabs. No sign of an Axe FX, but he did have an MFC101, and more than a few times I recognized the sound of some axe effects...great all around.
I have pics of Joe, but none of the gear...

I saw him in Toronto , week ago, and was front and center - show was amazing, great playing by Mike and Joe -

Mike had an axefx on top of a Rivera cab, and no MFC, whereas Joe was playing through 3 Marshall heads/3 Marshal cabs. No sign of an Axe FX, but he did have an MFC101, and more than a few times I recognized the sound of some axe effects...great all around.
I have pics of Joe, but none of the gear...
ya Joes axe fx was not visible on
the stage, but it was there.....

Back
Top Bottom