Santana Samba PA TI

amadeo

This is one of my favourite guitar sounds of all times. The sound is so deep and has a smooth distortion. Whatever guitar I use - SG-2000, Les Paul, Tele, Strat - whatever Axe II preset I try to modify I can't get close to it. I'd be grateful for your help?

This is one of my favourite guitar sounds of all times. The sound is so deep and has a smooth distortion. Whatever guitar I use - SG-2000, Les Paul, Tele, Strat - whatever Axe II preset I try to modify I can't get close to it. I'd be grateful for your help?

Tomorrow! :)

I don't know the sound of the exact song but I think the Lonestar sim would be best for old Santana sounds. It's pretty identical to a mark 1 on the schematic.

I don't know the sound of the exact song but I think the Lonestar sim would be best for old Santana sounds. It's pretty identical to a mark 1 on the schematic.

Hmm not quite

A Lonestar is an EL34 amp if not in Tweed mode(then 6L6 would work) but Samba Pa Ti is not Tweed

A Mark I is a 12AX7/6L6 Amp

I think closest match is a tweaked USA IIC+(MarkIIC+)

Or you take out the congas/percussion chain on smilefan Santana patch

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-preset-exchange/39713-smilefans-axe-ii-patches-thread-6.html

Thread 213 a ZIP with all of them

My 2 cents

Roland

It's a unique tone. Santana (and about half of the future band Journey) had a sound at the Abraxas album that was probably as diverse song to song as they ever got. Carlos' sound and playing on thing song is a great tone matching target.

I think it was recorded with a Fender amp over driven some, HB guitar on bridge pup with tone rolled down/off on guitar and a parked wah close to toe down.

I got really close to that tone with a a BJF pink purple fuzz set very low gain (I never should have sold that pedal) and an old Princeton Reverb I had with a Weber 10F125 speaker set to about 3.5 on volume and a 335 with a RMC wah toe down.

Back
Top Bottom