Samson RSXM10A

Samson is typically the low range of quality. And I personally wouldn’t want my audience staring at that back panel all night.

I actually have one of the 12” and two 10” that I use as my beater monitors. I had to replace the driver in one of the 10”s. Occasionally, I’ll get a high pitched whistle that comes from the 12”s amp unit (something like fan noise, audible but not bad). Not a great treble or bottom end.

Ok the flip side, the stock 10” actually has a nice midrange character that I like, while the top end never gets harsh and the bottom end not wooly. A pair run in stereo makes a nice monitor-style (facing the performer) sound overall. Cheap and relatively durable compared to plastic box options. I like it better for guitar better than QSC, but I find QSCs to have some really hyped frequencies that aren’t flattering to what I prefer tonewise.

It’s not an undiscovered gem, but it can be useful in the right context.

Joe

Just got the 10", used it with my AX8 at rehearsal last night with drums, bass, keys, 2 vocalists as my guitar amp.
So far I'm really pleased. Plenty of low end but not hyped low end like QSC's, guitar sounds natural and not harsh, patches translate well from studio monitors, even dispersion, loud enough for the places I play, love the small form factor and light weight.
Its not a Xitone or an Atomic CLR but for $250 new and free ship on Amazon its pretty darn good.

Samson is typically the low range of quality. And I personally wouldn’t want my audience staring at that back panel all night.

Yeah but how does it sound! I was about to *sigh* but then I looked at the back panel... that’s unfortunate. The amp section doesn’t stand a chance against liquid subjected to gravity. It would work fine on a mount though.

Back
Top Bottom