Sadowsky S Style

gitapik

Took me a long time to get one of these.

I used to take my electrics to Roger’s studio(s) for repair until demand skyrocketed and he no longer had the time. I’d always ask if I could play whatever looked tasty both when dropping off and picking up. I’m sure he knew I wasn’t going to buy…but it was never an issue. A seriously nice and ridiculously talented human being.

I recently retired from teaching. They found a nice chunk of change that had been overlooked. 🤩

Saw this beauty on his site and made an appointment. Brought a nice OD pedal and plugged into a Deluxe Reverb.

Strat style is my favorite by far. This one blew me away. No brainer. After all these decades. Sweet.

IMG_3042.jpeg

I'm a little jealous. That spalted top is amazing. Love the look of that guitar. I've heard such great things about Sadowsky instruments. Congrats and enjoy.

Thanks. Yeah: the look is beautiful.
And:
It’s light!
He sets the action higher than I’m used to on an electric, which kind of threw me at first. Offered to lower it but as an acoustic player I figured I’d give it a shot. Now I want all my electrics set up exactly like this one.
He’s always lived up to his reputation. I’m glad the Dept of Education found that oversight. Like a savings account for my eventual retirement gift.

Sadowsky has a stellar reputation. I had some work done by a luthier who apprenticed under Sadowsky (Trevor Healy of Healy Guitars) and his work was top notch. Congrats on the new guitar.

Last edited:
Sadowsky has a stellar reputation. I had some work done by a luthier who apprenticed under Sadowsky (Trevor Healy of Healy Guitars) and his work was top notch. Congrats on the new guitar.
Second time I’ve heard of Trevor. A friend in the Boston area mentioned him when I said I was going to check out this guitar.

So I asked Roger. He said Trevor is excellent and was a pleasure to work with. Nothing but good things to say about him.

Thanks!

Looks great!

What's are the specs?
Alder body
Spalted maple top
Maple neck
Amazon rosewood board
Synthetic inlays
Custom DiMarzio pickups
Sperzel pegs
Built in Sadowsky preamp is activated via the 3 position toggle. Position one is off. Two activates a midrange boost (which can be adjusted with an internal trimpot). Three is the midrange boost + gain which is adjusted via the middle knob. It’s an excellent preamp. Expands the tonal range nicely. You can do a lot with a simple preset, small board, or straight into an amp.

My favorite Tele look and pickup set. I’m sure you love it. Congrats!

I sold my only maple board axe and am regretting it. Considering making some sales and going for one like that.
The wait was long (almost 2 years!) but worth it. I'm considering ordering a H/S/H... GAS!

H
The wait was long (almost 2 years!) but worth it. I'm considering ordering a H/S/H... GAS!
He’s downsized in a big way. Much smaller staff. Easier to manage.

I love this H/S/H. I’m playing it through a preset I built using the new REVV Gen Green 1 and it’s wonderful. That’s a GREAT amp. Cleans up beautifully!

Last edited:
He’s downsized in a big way. Much smaller staff. Easier to manage.
Yeah, I saw he cut his staff in half. My first one (ordered in 2017) took almost 2 years as well. I just figured that's how it goes when ordering a guitar from a builder whose business is probably 95% basses ;)

Yeah, I saw he cut his staff in half. My first one (ordered in 2017) took almost 2 years as well. I just figured that's how it goes when ordering a guitar from a builder whose business is probably 95% basses ;)
So true. When he first started he was mainly about the guitars. They've always been great but the basses really took off for him. My good friend/bandmate has one and it's stellar.

He also makes awesome hollow and semi-hollow body guitars.
Looks great!

What's are the specs?
Forgot to mention the 12" neck radius. I started out on an LP and, after decades of 7.25" and 9.5" necks; getting that wider radius is like coming home, again.

So true. When he first started he was mainly about the guitars. They've always been great but the basses really took off for him. My good friend/bandmate has one and it's stellar.

He also makes awesome hollow and semi-hollow body guitars.
Yep! Guy I used to play with has 3 of his basses (2 NYC and one custom from Germany). They're very nice.

I too prefer the 12" radius to the traditional Fender specs.

Nice Sadowsky S, ive always wanted one of those...here is my 2008 Sadowsky T- style i scored from a guy in Santa Barbra for 2k a few months back..and here is Chuck Loeb (rip) playing same guitar.

https://imgbb.com/

Chuck could play. Beautiful guitar.

What’s going on in the background there? Is that a 3 string slide and a 24 String something …? 🤔

Back
Top Bottom