Sad. Switches freezing with Firmware 6.01 update

I thought it was a one-off but I've experienced this 3 times already. For example, all switches don't respond when I change scene. Although, this issue goes away after turning the power off and on. I only have an EV-2 on pedal 1 and no change in my set up.

This happen to me with the fc-12 switching trough set list too fast....
Hi there
Appreciate if you can try switching between scenes fast (try both with fm3 unit and fc-12) and see if it freezes the system. I already went back to 6.00 so I am unable to test.
Please report back if you can. thank you.

I'm not totally sure this is the same issue, but it sounds like it.

Last night right in the middle of our second song of the set, my switches froze up. I hit a scene switch to change a scene and nothing happened. It worked perfectly on the first tune (same preset). This was the first time this has ever happened and I've been on this firmware for a while now. The device was not frozen since I could change presets with the knob and it seemed to respond to my MC-6 midi messages. After restarting it worked fine for the rest of the night.

Luckily this was during rehearsal, but I'm a little concerned this will happen during a gig.

Last night got to rehearsal and all my system+gb+fc.syx params were gone, second time they've been wiped by 6.02b1 and/or Editor 15 (first time was after first power cycle post the initial install of 6.02b1.

This second time the FM3 was fine yesterday morning when it was packed up, but kaput at 8:00 that evening with regards to the system+gb+fc.syx params (all else was fine).

Reloaded system+gb+fc.syx params last night later on and left unplugged all night, fine in the morning, but headed back to the safety of 6.01 here most likely for gigs.

I'm not totally sure this is the same issue, but it sounds like it.

Last night right in the middle of our second song of the set, my switches froze up. I hit a scene switch to change a scene and nothing happened. It worked perfectly on the first tune (same preset). This was the first time this has ever happened and I've been on this firmware for a while now. The device was not frozen since I could change presets with the knob and it seemed to respond to my MC-6 midi messages. After restarting it worked fine for the rest of the night.

Luckily this was during rehearsal, but I'm a little concerned this will happen during a gig.
Hi man. Exact same happened to me. When I boot up the FM3, it worked flawlessly then all of a sudden, the 3 on board switches stopped working so I cannot change to a new scene/sound. I restarted FM3, then its back to normal. My presets are quite simple and uses only 65-75 CPU.
I'm just practicing at home but I've experienced it at least 3 times to prompt to go back to FW 6.00. It's been a month now and not one instance of switches freezing.
If you use a single sound through out a song then it's no biggie but if you need to change from a loud distorted tone to a quieter tone (or vice-versa) then a freezing switch in the unit will be disastrous.

Hi man. Exact same happened to me. When I boot up the FM3, it worked flawlessly then all of a sudden, the 3 on board switches stopped working so I cannot change to a new scene/sound. I restarted FM3, then its back to normal. My presets are quite simple and uses only 65-75 CPU.
I'm just practicing at home but I've experienced it at least 3 times to prompt to go back to FW 6.00. It's been a month now and not one instance of switches freezing.
If you use a single sound through out a song then it's no biggie but if you need to change from a loud distorted tone to a quieter tone (or vice-versa) then a freezing switch in the unit will be disastrous.
Yep. Sounds like the same problem. Yes, this particular song I have to cycle through 4 very different sounds, so it was pretty crappy having to finish the song on just my plain clean tone. We are prepping for a gig so I did what I’d do in that situation and just power through, but it was not pretty.

Im going to set a bank on my MC-6 to handle scene changes so I have a backup option if this happens again, but I’d prefer a fix if this is a firmware bug. It might be hard to reproduce for them though.

@Admin M@ What is the best way to raise this to the Fractal team?

It's entirely possible that it is a bug, but is there any change the CPU usage of the preset is very high? Like about 80% or above? That will often cause significant lag in the switching or even prevent it.

It's entirely possible that it is a bug, but is there any change the CPU usage of the preset is very high? Like about 80% or above? That will often cause significant lag in the switching or even prevent it.
The preset in question was at about 70% in my case. I run quite a few presets near 80% and have been doing so for about 2 years without this happening before. This was definitely not a lag. The switches were totally unresponsive.

Hey All-

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue creep up again. I had it happen three times on a gig the other night. Posted on this thread then remembered that there was a post about this earlier: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-freezing-in-the-middle-of-gig.194839/

Anyway, just trying to see if this has continued to be an issue for anyone. It is the first time it has happened to me other than this case in February, but now I'm worried about it since it really impacted a gigging situation.

Back
Top Bottom