Sad day for me

darko89

So my Axe fx died yesterday while playing. It first crashed, then I proceeded to do a restart. After I restarted it I heard like a clicking noise from inside the Axe fx and noticed the fan started to spin in my idea slower. Then I smelled that not so sweet smell. Burn smell. Any advice if my unit is out of warranty? :(

Power supply most likely ..... not costly to fix .... contact support where you bought it from (FAS in US or G66 if EU). They will likely just send a replacement Power supply and you will be able to fit it yourself in 15 mins.

Thank you guys! Now I can enjoy the rest of the weekend. No but really, your axe fx dying really bums you out :(

So my Axe fx died yesterday while playing. It first crashed, then I proceeded to do a restart. After I restarted it I heard like a clicking noise from inside the Axe fx and noticed the fan started to spin in my idea slower. Then I smelled that not so sweet smell. Burn smell. Any advice if my unit is out of warranty? :(

Impossible to know if your unit is still under warranty because 1) we have no clue when you bought it and 2) Fractal support is the one that would deal with warranty coverage so its up to them what they'd like to do

Contact them through the official support channel and they should respond promptly (don't always expect a response over the weekend though) and they will get you sorted.

Sounds like a power supply which even if it isn't covered, isn't too costly, and actually is an easy replacement you can easily install yourself.

By this time next week you hopefully will be back up and running.

In the meantime, look at a few days Axe free as a chance to get some Spring cleaning etc done around the house since there isn't anything else to do LOL

What I meant was if you guys have any advice for a unit that IS out of warranty. The cost of such repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The power supply has an on-board fuse. If you are not comfortable with electronic servicing you should refer servicing to qualified personnel. Do not open the chassis without disconnecting the power cord. FAS is not responsible for any damage or injuries sustained during servicing

I did about 2 years of electrical enginering so maybe I'll be okay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom