S/PDIF Out newbie question

Chiguete

Experienced
Newbie question: Is the S/PDIF Out always on or do I need to select something so signal goes out from it?

I want to connect the AX8 to my M-Audio Fast Track Pro interface thru S/PDIF but I don't hear any sounds :(

Yes, you need to set the sample rate of the Fast track pro to 48 khz . I had this problem with my focusrite, setting the sync source to spdif and sample rate to 48 khz(ax8 is fixed to 48khz) fixed that problem.

Also check your

my what???
hahaha, sorry . I mean also check your mixes, maybe you are not listening nothing but you have input signal, you could check that in your daw. also check your ax8 output level . I used to use the output level to low to get a signal into mi pc .

Do I need to use a DAW to hear myself or can I just connect directly to the interface without the need of the computer/laptop?

That depends on the interface. My focusrite could work without a computer, but you need to set the outputs to "listen" the s/pdif input

Not woking... starting to think I have driver issues because this M-Audio interface is an old one that they didn't update the drivers for the newer Windows... it has worked so far with the analog inputs but maybe the S/PDIF input dosn't work correctly and now that I am trying it out is that I notice.

Need to do 2 things now: try this out on another computer and try a newer interface that has up to date drivers.

FIXED!!! don't know if it was because a driver I downloaded (I had 6.1.10 that was made Jun 20 2013 and I was surprised to find a newer version of it 6.1.11 fron Jan 2016 because they said they erent going to do newer drivers after they sol the company last year) or because I played around with the settings of the interface and hit the Monitor Input option in the DAW but it works now!!!

BTW I deffinetly need to use the DAW to hear the S/PDIF input signal.

I use S/PDIF into my MOTU UltraLite and can use it straight to the speakers - no daw and no computer of I want. I know it is not the same interface. I generally use the soft mixer in my computer to get the signal where I want it and I use the H/W vol on the interface to adjust overall volume. Aaaand as someone up the top said - you must be running at clock speed of 48K or it will sound terrible.

Hi. are you getting good results with your M-audio using S/pdif? Does it work on windows 10? no issues?
It's not clear, which one of M-Audio interfaces do you have? I use currently unsupported M-Audio ProFire 2626 and S/PDIF works just fine on Windows 10.

I want to buy a used M audio fast track pro. I was wondering if It works fine with windows 10
I have a Fas Track Pro and while it "generally" works I must say that it crashes sometimes... it didn't had that problem in W7 or W8, so I wouldn't recomend getting it unless it's a VERY good deal.

I want to buy a used M audio fast track pro. I was wondering if It works fine with windows 10
I'd suppose it may work. It seems people had success with the latest drivers on Windows 10. Maybe @Chiguete being an owner of Fast Track Pro could confirm that. But just like my ProFire it is a legacy product and officially unsupported on Windows 10.

Edited: Oops. I'm late :)

just one more thing. Is that usable taking into account the crashes? or it crashes during recording and it's unusable?

Back
Top Bottom