Russian Meteor

I think a big difference between regular science and the science backed by organised religions is that regular science just tries to figure stuff out with the aim to verify and test theory / idea..
religious science always tries to prove the existance of a diety so it's a loaded dice right from the start..

My last post as well....

A couple things to relate and ponder....and it is scientific:

Scientists in our day have come full swing to an unbelievable conclusion! The conclusion is that the universe "actually" had a beginning! Unbelievable because for several hundred years all of the scientists around the world essentially were unanimous in their conviction that the world (universe) was eternally existing.

They had a simple reason for this. The citadel of our science is called the 1st Law of Thermodynamics, which states that a "natural process" cannot bring into existence something from nothing!

Take a guitar as an example, since it is existing and "something", and since a "natural process" cannot bring into existence something from nothing.....then....whatever it is ultimately made of must have been in existence forever. This is known as the "Steady State" theory.

Virtually every scientist were convinced this had to be true! Interestingly enough,.....before the turn of the century(last), theologians have been interpreting the first 3 words of the bible,......."In the beginning...."
They were pondering God's creation out of nothing. An "ex nihilo" creation (something out of nothing).

Comparing the two you will have a violent contradiction.

So.....how can you have a beginning when scientists are completely convinced that a "natural process" cannot bring something into existence?

It was just in the last 10-15 years or so that the cosmologists of the world came to the conclusion that the universe INDEED had a beginning! A creation out of "nothing". And now what we find is that the new Inflationary Theory of the Universe and is approximately 10-15 years old has mathematical equations whose interpretation is consistent with this understanding! It appears theologians had this right all along!

But perhaps what's even "most" staggering than all of that! ……

…..is the fact that all of our cosmological models (and they do differ), are all unified with respect to one conclusion!.....

When the universe came into existence, it should have almost immediately thereafter…… gone out of existence!!

As a matter of fact, it should have gone out of existence in a time interval so short that it would be……..(deep breath taken)….. ….

1 ten millionth, of a billionth, of a billionth, of a billionth, of a billionth of a second!

This would be written a decimal point followed by 43 zeros then a 1!!

Called a Planck time.

The universe should have gone out of existence virtually instantaneously after it came into existence!

Why did it not do so? Why is it measured today to be around 13 billion years old or so?

For the simple reason, (and we don't understand why in a scientific sense we don't), that it was "tuned" at inception to better than 50 decimal places! ..Astonishing!

There is no natural process that even approaches that degree of precision!!

This fine tuning has been likened to balancing a needle on it's tip on a flat surface. The "minutest" deviation in balance in any direction will topple the needle! This means that the "minutest" in deviation in the expansion rate of our universe will have devastating consequences. Slightly slower and the universe collapses in on itself. Slightly faster and matter would not coalesce.

It is fair to say, that that kind of "tuning" could rationally be called a supernatural tuning if you will, the "inorganic" fingerprints of an intelligence of unfathomable dimension!

(Manning, I enjoy your intellect.....Peace)

Peace all.

I'm out.

ps. Clarky, been following your threads! Definitely enjoy your approaches to CC and morphing!! Still following!

Last edited:
Plexi - Yeah, I bailed. You can only state the facts so many times. If someone is determined to adhere to their ideology, there's not much anyone can do.

Clark - Obviously I do not agree with any religious belief. Regardless, calling someone else's belief "BS" is uncivil and unnecessary.

Part of the reason the mods have let this discussion run its course is the dignity with which it has been conducted.

Let's keep it that way.

Sorry if it came across that way. I was not calling any specific belief "BS". I just dislike the fact that children that can't even process basic thoughts are being taught to believe in a god that can't be proven to exist. People that aren't literally able to open their eyes and are forced to believe in god. F.ex. I was baptized as a 0 year old and my confirmation was when I was 15. I'm 25 now and I don't think I've still made my mind up on if I believe there's life after death etc. All I know is that the christian church (which I also belong to) is in no way holy but much closer to politics and like everything in this world driven by money. It's a political organization... a company, a firm. I know this might seem a bit over the top but prove me wrong. :)

haaa.. very cool...
I hope you've managed to get something good from all my ramblings...

Yes of course! As I'm sure many others have! I appreciate you going out of your way posting and sharing. That takes a lot of work and effort!

Btw,....I too saw a fireball about 3 or 4 years ago here in the tropics!

It was just after 3pm and I was on at a residence by a cliff side overlooking our tourist hotel district. It was New Year's Eve and people we preparing for the midnight events.

It appeared right out of the sky and right above my head. It was black and the flames were vivid, almost like you we're watching a burning house zipping thru the air! What was freaky is that I could almost swear that I could hear the snapping and crackling of the flames! It left a trail of the thickest and blackest smoke. It looked like it was going to land somewhere in our area, but either it landed in the ocean or re-entered back into space.

ahh that's cool... when AE2 / fw10 comes out I'll update my presets and write up the little changes I've made and why I made them..

wow.. that meteor sounds bigger than the one I saw...
mine didn't make a smoke trail.. but it did have a very long white hot looking tail...
there was no sound either...

one day I'd love to see a really big one..
erm... but not too big.. lmao

haaa.. very cool... I hope you've managed to get something good from all my ramblings...
ahh that's cool... when AE2 / fw10 comes out I'll update my presets and write up the little changes I've made and why I made them.. wow.. that meteor sounds bigger than the one I saw... mine didn't make a smoke trail.. but it did have a very long white hot looking tail... there was no sound either... one day I'd love to see a really big one.. erm... but not too big.. lmao

looking forward to that!! (Updated presets ....not fireballs :)

Back
Top Bottom