Running the Synergy into Axe 3 into poweramp out to cabinets on stage.

chris alia

Question is, how do I create a separate line out/ preset and what should it look like in the Axe 3, for recording through my interface and or out to FOH, while still having my live setup the way it is running out to real speakers? Using the Axe 3 Just for effects. Running guitar into the synergy, then out of the Synergy mono left into rear input of the Axe 3 then out into power amp in stereo out to speaker cabs. but need to be able to run to FOH and or powered speakers with a second output. Thanks

Last edited:
Question is, how do I create a separate line out/ preset and what should it look like in the Axe 3, for recording through my interface and or out to FOH, while still having my live setup the way it is running out to real speakers? Please HELP!! Been days and still no luck solving this issue :(
I'm not at home, else I could share my simple preset that has both FOH and out to a power amp. The key is to make sure the output to the power amplifer does not go through the cab block. I think Page 31 of the manual goes over it. Also I'd highly recommend checking out Leon Todd's Youtube videos. He is a wealth of knowledge, and I am pretty sure he has a video on the subject, or close enough to it that you can apply the concepts. Good luck!

Question is, how do I create a separate line out/ preset and what should it look like in the Axe 3, for recording through my interface and or out to FOH, while still having my live setup the way it is running out to real speakers? Please HELP!! Been days and still no luck solving this issue
Use Out 1 for FOH. Set up Out 2 from the Amp block as a separate path out to use for real speakers. Which pages of the manual did you review?

It depends on how you are using your Synergy with it. Are you only use the Axe for effects? Are you using 4CM? Are you wanting to only use it for cab sims? There are many choices, so it is hard for anyone to answer.

Here is an example of the routing for such a preset. Your specific situation will likely need some changes, but this is the general idea. P.M. me if you want to officially collaborate on a specific solution for your needs.

Out 1, Left and Right are stereo sends (the cab block is setup as a stereo cab) for FOH. Out 2 is a mono send without the cab sim for the client's power amp and cab. The GEQ block is there to EQ the power amp and cab as needed, without affecting the FOH feed. The Out 2 Global EQ is also there for quick venue specific EQ tweaks, if and when needed.
Axe-Fx III dual outputs example.png

The post didn't mention the Synergy, but I now see it in the title.

You would need to add Out 3 and Input 3 as a loop to add your Synergy to the signal path. I would expect to see some 'pre' effects before that 'loop'. Then some post effects. Then the spit for the power amp/cab send.

Use Out 1 for FOH. Set up Out 2 from the Amp block as a separate path out to use for real speakers. Which pages of the manual did you review?
31 and 27.. Ok so if I have to go out of output 2 to my power amp what kind of cables do I use, as it seems the output 2 only has XLR and poweramp takes 1/4 male. Right now I have it all running no cab block out of output 1 into the poweramp out to cabs, and hooked to the power amp with humbusters

31 and 27.. Ok so if I have to go out of output 2 to my power amp what kind of cables do I use? It seems output 2 only has XLR outs, and poweramp takes 1/4 male. Right now I have it all running, no cab block out of output 1 into the poweramp out to cabs, and hooked to the power amp with humbusters output 1.

It depends on how you are using your Synergy with it. Are you only use the Axe for effects? Are you using 4CM? Are you wanting to only use it for cab sims? There are many choices, so it is hard for anyone to answer.
Just for effects. Running guitar into the synergy, then out of the Synergy mono left into rear input of the Axe 3 then out into power amp in stereo out to speaker cabs

31 and 27.. Ok so if I have to go out of output 2 to my power amp what kind of cables do I use, as it seems the output 2 only has XLR and poweramp takes 1/4 male. Right now I have it all running no cab block out of output 1 into the poweramp out to cabs, and hooked to the power amp with humbusters
You’ll want the cab block going to your outputs to FOH/interface unless you’re adding an IR or cab sim externally or in your DAW.

if your power amp only takes 1/4” TS inputs, use Out 3 on the Axe (and do not use the Cab block for this signal chain) and Humbuster cables.

Back
Top Bottom