Running Guitar Pro along with the Axe Fx

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but it made the most sense to me.

I've been having this ongoing issue which due to me committing to write more music has really become a pain.

The Axe Fx runs natively at a sample rate of 48khz and my version of guitar pro runs natively at 44.1khz. I'm basically having to pick between either a very choppy sounding guitar tone or a 9% sped up guitar pro playback.

Is there any sort of workaround for this? I'm running my Axe via S/PDIF through my RME UFX. I can only adjust the sample rate on my RME globally and I don't think its possible to assign different sample rates to different sources.

I run guitar pro and the axe-fx all the time with no issues like this. I run SPDIF from the Axe-FX to my Focusrite interface and then monitor both Guitar Pro and the Axe-FX from my Focusrite.

My Focusrite runs at 48k in Windows. Axe-FX is set to Output 1 as SPDIF/AES Out Source.

Last edited:
It may be the RSE engine that is causing problems. Make sure you have your GP options set to 48k (as well as your other Audio INterface on Windows/Mac)
I haven't checked the RSE engine, but I know I've looked for the sample rate option on GP6 and have not been able to find it anywhere I look for it.

I'm not currently at home so I'll have to look for it again when I get back.

Currently on their website and I'm seeing several troubleshooting tips that instruct the user to ensure the sample rate of the computer/playback engine is at 44.1.

https://support.guitar-pro.com/hc/en-us/articles/203600891-GP6-MAC-Playback-out-of-tune

I haven't checked the RSE engine, but I know I've looked for the sample rate option on GP6 and have not been able to find it anywhere I look for it.

I'm not currently at home so I'll have to look for it again when I get back.

Currently on their website and I'm seeing several troubleshooting tips that instruct the user to ensure the sample rate of the computer/playback engine is at 44.1.

https://support.guitar-pro.com/hc/en-us/articles/203600891-GP6-MAC-Playback-out-of-tune
That tip is specifically for version 6, which makes it sound like your problem would be fixed if you upgrade to a newer version. I see no sample rate setting in version 7, but as I mentioned, it works fine for me when using the Axe-FX as my audio device.

Last edited:
That tip is specifically for version 6, which makes it sound like your problem would be fixed if you upgrade to a newer version. I see no sample rate setting in version 7, but as I mentioned, it works fine for me when using the Axe-FX as my audio device.
Sounds like I may need to downgrade. I'm running Mac OS 10.9.5 and GP7 requires 10.10.

I've been putting off upgrading my OS since my Mac Mini is 10 years old and everything works well for my studio needs. It would be frustrating for my machine to run slower on a newer OS. This is the only little annoying thing about it at the moment.

It is quite possible your machine would run faster on a newer OS. I use 2009 iMacs and run High Sierra with no issues. I use GP7 and my Axe III (or UAD) @ 48 with no problems. FWIW I don't remember any problems with GP6 on the same gear.

Back
Top Bottom