Running cabs in parallell vs stereo cab?

Hansen

Experienced
What is the main difference and what do you choose? In theory, should two cabs (both in hi res) in parallell yield better results, although use more CPU?
I am reading the Axe wiki, and just came across this issue. Have only used stereo cabs so far.

What is the main difference and what do you choose? In theory, should two cabs (both in hi res) in parallell yield better results, although use more CPU?
I am reading the Axe wiki, and just came across this issue. Have only used stereo cabs so far.

It has been said by many that in a live situation the differences are not very noticeable. I need my CPU more than I need hi res cabs

It has been said by many that in a live situation the differences are not very noticeable. I need my CPU more than I need hi res cabs

Ok. I think the Axe wiki I read is not updated for FW 10, so is it still the case that two cabs in parallell in theory should sound better than one in stereo?

I use a stereo cab; I do not run parallel mono cabs. I do not hear a difference personally between two high res mono cabs versus a single stereo cab. YMMV.

Ok thanks. I have been using stereo cabs so far and will stick to that.
But I guess if I ever use just one I should always choose mono hi res

Ok thanks. I have been using stereo cabs so far and will stick to that.
But I guess if I ever use just one I should always choose mono hi res

Not if you need all the CPU juice you can get.

Back
Top Bottom