Run To You Solo Harmonies

The run is based on three Sus4 chords, each a whole tone apart.
Doing this with a harmoniser is tricky. So I wouldn't make it so complicated and just play it this way.

And that's more than Keith Scott does live 😄

Bildschirmfoto 2024-05-29 um 07.08.24.png

Doing this with a harmoniser is tricky.
Not really IMO, with Custom Shifter type. One global scale can cover 2 instances of this figure a whole step apart (without requiring a key change) if you play the higher part, so you only need to activate the block set to the appropriate key for the F# & E chords, then lower the key a whole step anytime during the 3rd-4th measure.

Also you have the first lower (main non-grace) note of each triplet group wrong there. Here's my notation from the other thread. (Ignore accents and scene change indications if not trying to import/recreate the ADSR-based key switching approach.)

qgU1fme.png

Not really IMO, with Custom Shifter type. One global scale can cover 2 instances of this figure a whole step apart (without requiring a key change) if you play the higher part, so you only need to activate the block set to the appropriate key for the F# & E chords, then lower the key a whole step anytime during the 3rd-4th measure.

Also you have the first lower (main non-grace) note of each triplet group wrong there. Here's my notation from the other thread. (Ignore accents and scene change indications if not trying to import/recreate the ADSR-based key switching approach.)

View attachment 141004
You're right about the first lower note. But I don't like the sound of the resulting minor third 😆.
I prefer the perfect fourth to emphasise the tension of the sus4 character.😇

Doing this with a harmoniser is tricky.

Not if you do it the way I did it in the video I posted above - there are only 3 intervals, and they are adjacent chromatic intervals (m3, M3, P4) - easy to do with the chromatic shifter and an expression pedal. I didn’t even have to adjust the modifier parameters other than to set the range to cover the 3 semitones. Everything else is default settings.

A bit late to the party. A pretty simple solution - not too technical but sounds ok to me.
Custom scale (Gb) - set all at plus 3 except for C, F, G which are plus 4
If you play it in E (like me) just change the custom scale to E
For the solo riff start on G-string 13th fret (11th for key of E)

Back
Top Bottom