• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Routing Question: Studio Monitors (stereo) in parallel with FRFR Cab (mono)

dabert

As I am awaiting delivery of my new Q12a, I am unsure how to best route the output to it from the Axe.

Currently I have the following Setup:

1) Axe connected to a studio monitor line mixer via XLR O/P 1 (this mixer is also used for headphone monitoring = headphones are plugged into the mixer)

2) Axe connected to Focusrite Audio Interface via USB (for DAW recording)

3) O/P 2 (and I/P 2) routed to my patch panel for potential external FX usage

My question now is:

A) If I route an TS cable from my O/P2 left to the Q12a and in the I/O menu utilize "copy O/P1 > O/P2" will it override a "Sum to mono" Setting for O/P2 - as the manual says "This overrides other settings for OUT2"?
(I want to continue using my monitors and headphone in stereo but since I only have one Q12a it can only be in mono)

B) Can I use a Y cable on O/P 2 of the Axe to retain my Routing Options for external FX AND feed of the Q12a (obviously having to switch settings in the I/O menu then when changing from the Q12a to ext. FX and vice versa)?

C) Is there a better way to connect the Q12a while maintaining seperate stereo AND mono monitoring?

Any advice would be highly appreciated! (and yes, I know that the easiest way would be to buy a 2nd Q12a but - apart from the cash - I do not have the space :) )

dabert

Just found in the manual on page 157:

4. Mono and Stereo at Once – New for the Axe-Fx II is the ability to operate OUT2 as a summed MONO copy
of the stereo OUT1 signal (or vice versa). Select COPY OUT1>OUT2, then choose the output mode for each
pair of jacks that best suits your needs. See Mono Summing above for possible concerns.

The Y cable I will just try as soon as the Q12a arrives.

Top Bottom