Routing for Axe Fx & KORG A3

The reason that I am asking is that I can not seem to get the Korg A3 to sound good when inserting it in the Axe Fx loop. No matter where I put the loop in the signal chain it sound like a very choppy version of the effect. Lots of signal loss. however - If I run straight in from Guitar to Korg out to Axe Fx - without using the fx loop feature - then it sounds fine. I would like to be able to get the same sound but be able to use the fx loop in the axe so I can assign a foot-switch to the loop and be able to turn it on and off.

So I've got it sounding pretty good - and for anyone having difficulty with your outboard gear here is what i did:

OUTPUT #2 (LEFT) on axe - goes to INPUT on the back of the KORG

OUTPUT 1&2 ON KORG goes to INPUT 2 (L&R) on Axe

-20 setting on KORG (as opposed to +4)

KORG's input knob (on front of unit) is at 1 O'Clock

ON THE AXE -

Insert a FX LOOP block right at the front of your grid - I have mine right after the WAH block - then finish your routing to output. Since this particular patch is heavily effected on the KORG I am only using AMP- CAB- GRAPHIC EQ blocks to output.

Adjust your input 2 level on the front of the Axe to match your input 1 levels (use led').

OUTPUT 2 on front of Axe adjusts the level of the KORG - I have mine at 12 O'Clock and that sounds perfect.

You can go into the FX LOOP block and adjust the overall output to tweak if necessary - but be careful not to peak your levels.

That's it.

So I've got it sounding pretty good - and for anyone having difficulty with your outboard gear here is what i did:

OUTPUT #2 (LEFT) on axe - goes to INPUT on the back of the KORG

OUTPUT 1&2 ON KORG goes to INPUT 2 (L&R) on Axe

-20 setting on KORG (as opposed to +4)

KORG's input knob (on front of unit) is at 1 O'Clock

ON THE AXE -

Insert a FX LOOP block right at the front of your grid - I have mine right after the WAH block - then finish your routing to output. Since this particular patch is heavily effected on the KORG I am only using AMP- CAB- GRAPHIC EQ blocks to output.

Adjust your input 2 level on the front of the Axe to match your input 1 levels (use led').

OUTPUT 2 on front of Axe adjusts the level of the KORG - I have mine at 12 O'Clock and that sounds perfect.

You can go into the FX LOOP block and adjust the overall output to tweak if necessary - but be careful not to peak your levels.

That's it.

hi mate,
Just tried the above set up and I'm not getting any sound , is there setting in the axe thats activates the loop?, even with in/out volumes at 12 i have no sound.'Frustrating !!

Back
Top Bottom