Routing; Best way to use 1/4" to a poweramp and XLR to FOH?

derker

I guess my real question is (and bear with me if this is n00by of me,) is it possible to use the XLR outs with poweramp and cab simulation while using the 1/4' outs to a poweramp and cabs without PA/cab sim? It shouldn't be too hard for me to figure out how to route the cab sims but I can't figure out if theres a way to split the signal before the PA sim...? Thanks!

Edit: It was probably most n00by of me to post it in the wrong forum :? I got too excited, this thing sounds too good. Couldn't find an answer to my question in the connections forum, as I'm trying to tap in before the PA sim and not just before the cab sim...

I understand how to route the audio without the cab emulation, but is there a way to tap in between the preamp and the poweramp sim, instead of between the poweramp and the cab? My goal is to use the XLR outs with both poweramp and cam sim for FOH, and the 1/4" with neither for a tube poweramp and cabs. From what I can gather so far I either have to have the poweramp sim on or off, am I mistaken?

Ah, ok! I suspect you are right. However - I think you could build a chain using two identical amp blocks, one with sim on and one with sim off (sag control all the way left, I believe.) and route the outputs accordingly?

What if I'm already using 2 amp blocks for stereo tone? I think the best way to go about it is to just tweak the poweramp sim anyway instead of turning it off. I guess I just have to experiment.

derker said:
I understand how to route the audio without the cab emulation, but is there a way to tap in between the preamp and the poweramp sim, instead of between the poweramp and the cab? My goal is to use the XLR outs with both poweramp and cam sim for FOH, and the 1/4" with neither for a tube poweramp and cabs. From what I can gather so far I either have to have the poweramp sim on or off, am I mistaken?

No, this is not possible. Cliff also said he can not make this possible at this time do to the way the amp models are processed. Maybe someday he will think of away.

Thanks, thats what I've gathered. Hopefully Cliff can figure out a way to tap in post-preamp sim, pre-poweramp sim.

Back
Top Bottom