Round Two: Cygnus 50W Plexi VS Real Plexi

Which one is the real amp?

• A

Votes: 33 71.7%
  • B

Votes: 13 28.3%

• Total voters
To me the "B" is the best sounding one, in the first test I was convinced it was the amp
but now with this new settings and the new recording I think "B" is the AXE on it´s way beyond
tube-amp land.....

What are the settings on the Marshall and Fractal?
Everything on my plexi was cranked except the normal channel volume. I've attached the Axe preset so you can see exactly what the settings look like for the model.

The answer and the preset can be found in the original post now!

I will tell you what though, Cliff/Fractal Audio is really onto something here and it isn't just feel. I think he is taking the last steps to the summit and will definitely get there. So so close. I can't wait to try it on the FM3.

Good to be wrong. Blind listening tests are a great way to sort out the BS.

With FAS, you always had to listen hard to MAYBE discern any noteworthy differences. I thought I listened hard...lo, and behold.

We really are at the point where anyone who says they can hear a difference is blowing smoke.
There may be edge cases and extremes where one can eke out anomalous behavior, but 99.99% of the tones are spot on.

Good to be wrong. Blind listening tests are a great way to sort out the BS.

With FAS, you always had to listen hard to MAYBE discern any noteworthy differences. I thought I listened hard...lo, and behold.

We really are at the point where anyone who says they can hear a difference is blowing smoke.
There may be edge cases and extremes where one can eke out anomalous behavior, but 99.99% of the tones are spot on.
Haha, not blowing smoke but the the thing I usually listen to for a difference is there now. Just a little different. IMO no modeler will come close to Fractal now and that includes the new stuff.

A has a really sharp pick/string click to it compared to B and A has a brighter sound for sure...If it came to just those 2 things, I would venture a guess that A is Axe

I don't mind being wrong either, it shows how close of a call this is! Kudos for such an amazing product 👏

Back
Top Bottom