Round and Round We Go

Oh, and I forgot... you'll need the Red Wires bundle for at least one of the patches.

And on the others, you'll probably need my custom cabs that I did here in my studio:

http://larryseyer.com/media/patches/LarrySeyerRoundAndRoundCabs.zip

My custom cabs are nothing special but they do sound different than the Red Wires cabs... I use all tube mics and pres so they're a bit 'warmer' than others.

There should be a few cabs in the zip file including my 4X4 Tweed (4 speakers, each one position) and my 1960a Marshall (a couple of positions on that one I believe) - all of them use my RCA BC2B pre amps and tube mics.

That should do it.

L

PS When you used these patches, you'll need to set the volume on your guitar to '7' - NOT full up. Everything is calibrated for the volume knob to be around 3/4 the way up. I do this on purpose with all of my patches.

Last edited:
Larry,
Just wondered if your presets for this song were affected by v7?
Again, real nice song. You did a great job of creating "air" in your mix.

I came here expecting a cool rendition of Ratt's Round and Round...But this was awesome and very pleasing to my ears. Keep it up man, you're a fantastic player :)

Thanks, Sean.

The 'air' is from not playing when I feel the need to 'noodle'. Sometimes knowing when not to play is more important than playing.

The other trick is to time the delays. I always time my delays to either duple or triple. Usually duple for rhythm and triple for leads.

By 'duple' I mean the delays are an even division of the tempo and the delays fall on the beats. By 'triple' I mean it's a 3 against 2 type of thing - so the delays always fall in between the beats.

wtfover, I have not upgraded to v7 yet.

I'm waiting for 7.x to come out.

Rarely do I upgrade to a x.0 release. I usually wait until the follow up to fixed any 'gotchas' that always seem to arise.

Guess it's just years of being conditioned by the software industry.

But I'm really looking forward to upgrading to 7.x I hear it's really nice.

BTW, I'm curious how many here use the stereo version of the IR's as apposed to the higher resolution versions.

I've tried both (standard rez and higher rez) and I hear only a slight difference in the IR's - and it's usually compensated for with EQ.

But I can for sure hear the improvement when using a pair of IR's panned LR using difference placements and different mics. In fact, that is the trick I've been using for quite a while now in other software synths - different but similar IRs.

It sure would be nice to be able to use 2 high rez stereo IR's at some point.

L

Back
Top Bottom